hi..if any si fu know pls tell me..thx

fr0z3nwei

Mar 31, 2009
if i want change my gen2 engine to other engine..what things should i change..or just change the engine can already..

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i dunno much bout conversion but as i know u can just install it but u need to to wiring coz change ECU...this all will done by ur mechanic...the most important is u have to endorsed...:driver:

Mar 21, 2008
i have seen a fren in OUG, his gen2 is evo3 engine with a huge IC infront, hehe

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
evo3 ah?...100% replace mounting...how and how much he endorsed the engine...i've seen b4 putra using evo4 engine 4WD...MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!:smokin:

kenzo

6,000 RPM
depends on wat engine ur gonna transplant, if ur gonna transplant evo 4 engine, here's my experience.

plz make sure the halfcut is in good condition, bring ur mechanic along

leave the car in the workshop for sometime, let them do it nicely, as the wiring will take quite some time to do

since ur already dismantle the car parts, take time to do it nicely, change ur cluth plate, take ur rear disc and convert to five lugs unless ur mechanic can mod ur evo4 rear brake to fit

dashboard mounting must weld, cant simply fit, and u have to cut ur door trim or either ur dashboard in able to close ur doors

take ur whole air cond system, send it for flushing and u wont regret later on, but make sure ur compressor is clean and in good condition

top overhaul, do it, change ur head gasket and watever gasket that need to be replace.

locking ur 4wd to 2wd gb, haha that u have to find specific workshop to do, not many ppl can as claim to me, but end up slipping, i can recommend u the workshop if u want to

u need to get new set of rims, coz evo 4 runs on 5 lugs, and dont use the ori evo 4 abs as u will feel ur car like sampan, its very stiff and high

fuel tank, try to mod and fit in 4wd tank, if not u wont have petrol reading with original float, and u have to custom a bracket inable for ur evo fuel pump to fit in the tank.

thats all i can remember for now, maybe u can ask other sifu to help u on this.

goodluck =)

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
depends on wat engine ur gonna transplant, if ur gonna transplant evo 4 engine, here's my experience.

plz make sure the halfcut is in good condition, bring ur mechanic along

leave the car in the workshop for sometime, let them do it nicely, as the wiring will take quite some time to do

since ur already dismantle the car parts, take time to do it nicely, change ur cluth plate, take ur rear disc and convert to five lugs unless ur mechanic can mod ur evo4 rear brake to fit

dashboard mounting must weld, cant simply fit, and u have to cut ur door trim or either ur dashboard in able to close ur doors

take ur whole air cond system, send it for flushing and u wont regret later on, but make sure ur compressor is clean and in good condition

top overhaul, do it, change ur head gasket and watever gasket that need to be replace.

locking ur 4wd to 2wd gb, haha that u have to find specific workshop to do, not many ppl can as claim to me, but end up slipping, i can recommend u the workshop if u want to

u need to get new set of rims, coz evo 4 runs on 5 lugs, and dont use the ori evo 4 abs as u will feel ur car like sampan, its very stiff and high

fuel tank, try to mod and fit in 4wd tank, if not u wont have petrol reading with original float, and u have to custom a bracket inable for ur evo fuel pump to fit in the tank.

thats all i can remember for now, maybe u can ask other sifu to help u on this.

goodluck =)
err locking 4wd to 2wd is jst welding the viscous coupling dead , err never heard it slip b4

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
my car got "CCRRAAAAAAAAAAKKKKK" long sound when i release gas...my mechanic said it because the lock is loose...dunno its true or not coz never dismantle my GB...

ur car cant move if the 4WD lock broken...

correct me if im wrong...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
my car got "CCRRAAAAAAAAAAKKKKK" long sound when i release gas...my mechanic said it because the lock is loose...dunno its true or not coz never dismantle my GB...

ur car cant move if the 4WD lock broken...

correct me if im wrong...
if its broken then the car wont move
err slip errr dnt tink so can

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hi hi good morning to u wei....
do u think about 4G92 MIVEC for ur GEN 2 engine bay.... but is still 1.6 engine with mivec system in... but evo is good la....

i driving proton iswara 1.3 manual convert to mivec 1.6 manual gear is 4 years back... so far so good fuel comsumption is around rm0.17 per kilometre..... rm 10 can run 60 or 65 km is depend on ur foots.... ha ha... good luck to u happy converting ur ride...

Phystole979

May 15, 2009
JB / Barcelona
I think you should go for either MIVEC or GSR Turbo. I got friends who have done their rides with both engines. they installed everything nicely including the dashboard. If I'm not mistaken, they installed their engines at PitstopGarage near Kg Melayu Subang. Their workmanship was perfectly done including wiring, installation of fuel tanks and etc. With both engines, it can be endorsed easily by JPJ and it will be headache free...

ckyong

Dec 10, 2008
just changed final ratio 4.866. look for race performance.locatio at sha alam.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it recommended to cut the shift rod shorter so tht it looks "sporty"? Will it affect the shifting procedures???

btw, is there any custom shortshift makers in malacca?

thanks in advance...
hehe
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience