Help....Myvi central lock & cabin light problem

Nov 4, 2012
Selangor
Hi myvi owners,

I'm new here, need all your pros advise. Just bought the new myvi Ezi 7 months ago, and suddenly i face this two problems at the same time.

List of problems :
1. Cabin light will not switch off after all doors are closed..... However at times, it may switch off after few minutes. Luckily so far it is turn off when i off the engine.

2. Door central lock malfunction- when enter into the car, door closed, step the brake (door won't lock) ; when off engine ( door lock won't open)

Funny response from perodua SC:

Perodua man : did you tint your car window? If yes, then it mus be ur tint supplier prob, he make a mess on it.

I was like omg... I tint my window since 7 months ago, and i do not see the prob arise until now, n this guy is blaming on my window tint. However i do not see every car has this prob. Yet the funny thing is, when one of the mechanic check my car, everything went fine. But when i left the SC, prob came back......

Sigh..... Anyone here face the same problem?? can pls advise me what can i do???? Or any good SC reccomend which i can bring over on Saturday????

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
try to check the door switch at every door including the rear boot..maybe the door didn't touch the door switch..

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
As Radhie said, its probably the door switch. If not its probably the control module. As for the window tint affecting this problem, I doubt it as window tints only affect things like locking with your remote from outside or causing your radio antennae or tv tuner to have problems.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
tinting has nothing to do with central locking. I suggest you fark the moron who accused your tinting as the cause of the problem. Tell that imbecile if he doesn't know anything about cars he should just shut up otherwise he'll look like a illiterate moron pretending to know what cars are all about.

Did you modify the alarm system? If you did then that probably might affect it. If you didn't, it's 99% the door switch. My other Myvi had this problem and I solved it by replacing the swtich that radhie highlighted. My car only had the problem after the warranty period, since yours still has warranty, keep complaining and complain via the main website as well if they refuse to resolve the issue. Headquarters take complaints very seriously. Write in your email that tinting doesn't affect central locking because it doesn't have anything to do with electronics and all.