Headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Who's doing this header ordering? Quite confusing lah here...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Who's doing this header ordering? Quite confusing lah here...
lightningfield is helping us check on whether they can get the headers in and what sort of discount we can get in a group buy.

LightningField: Do help us ask as we have 4 buyers now already. Help negotiate for RM1,500 installed per piece ok! :biggrin::biggrin:

jaymie

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wah everyone ordering header... im sure the next time attack will be on dc5's side...hopefully.. hehe

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
wah everyone ordering header... im sure the next time attack will be on dc5's side...hopefully.. hehe
I need header and intake :bawling:

boulala

Known Member
Sep 24, 2006
kiddRacing is same with SSR/hytech. i compare it with original ssr. its more or less the same quality. i saw 1 unit of kiddracing header for DC5 at ah siong kemuning. he sell around 2700. but his is "gold color" coated. Hasukyo also running kiddracing header.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
kiddRacing is same with SSR/hytech. i compare it with original ssr. its more or less the same quality. i saw 1 unit of kiddracing header for DC5 at ah siong kemuning. he sell around 2700. but his is "gold color" coated. Hasukyo also running kiddracing header.
yeah i PMed Hasukyo and he told me he's running kiddracing headers.
they produce slightly better gains over the TODA due to its 2.5" collector.

it will be great for those of you that already have 2.5" piping... that way your exhaust will be a true 2.5" exhaust... and will probably churn out beastly numbers.

me on the other hand...im running RM01A catback...which means piping is only 2.36".

the kiddracing will still fit fine...but my gains wont be as marginal as someone with 2.5" piping.

well right now...price is the only thing standing in between me and my choice of headers. if we can get the kiddracing ones for under 2k installed.... it will definitely fit my budget. :biggrin:

if not its back to the drawing/savings board for me, and save up till i have enough to buy a TODA. :bawling:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Well....had some time today and decided to get some info on the car after the intake and exhaust.

Overall results after RM2k worth of mods:
+ 15whp (180 --> 195)
+ 12.6Nm torque (174.5 --> 187.1)

Quite disappointed with the numbers because I expected to be close to 200whp at least... (maybe 197 - 198)...

Air/Fuel Ratio took a hit as well, with the car running alot richer than stock...especially in Vtec.

Well, hope that with race headers more exhaust air can clear from the cylinders allowing fresh air to fill them...lowering the a/f ratio...resulting in better numbers... i'm looking at 205whp at least with the raceheaders.

What this shows is that with just I/H/E mods... our K20A's are capable of a 20-25whp increase...which is impressive considering the amount of money spent... (roughly RM5k ~ RM200 per hp).

But ultimately... to get the MOST out of your mods... tuning is a MUST.

I'm gonna be saving up for Kpro immediately after getting new raceheaders, and hopefully the final number will be 225whp...

Last edited:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Bro hizam GTI4740 got those numbers with such mods...
Apparently he hit 204whp even before his K100 tuning! :eek::eek:
I kindda wanna know whether it was done on the same dyno where he did his stock condition dyno (177whp)...?
Because i don't think 2.5" piping and no mid box would make a 9hp difference in power compared to my 195whp. Abit far fetched....

Has GTI4740 got his headers yet? Or he's still just running exhaust and intake mods only?

Where is he by the way? :biggrin:

With hondata u'll hit 210-215...
well im looking at 225whp with headers installed. should be very attainable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

There it is, the latest, most evolved Proton Saga since the Proton x Geely partnership is finally here. It is also Proton's best selling product - contributed a staggering 2 million cars, literally half of the national car maker's 4 million vehicles sold since...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience