Hand break on, rear brake lights on?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello guys,

I just did 1 DIY and i'm all over light mods now.
But of course not to the extend of lalabeng style.

So what I thought is, when I pull my hand break,
I want my rear lights to be on as such the foot brake is.
Same function as a foot brake lights.

Any guys did this? Or objecting me? Why?
I know there will be a debate because obviously it's not okay because if it's okay,
it had be installed OEM-ly.

If someone agrees with me, where do I get the electricity of hand brake lights?
I keep thinking but I still can't figure it out. haha.

Cheers.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i think is bcos, when our car stop at traffic light, tarik handbrake, brake light will on, it show te car coming bhind, our car is not moving, sometime we do heard car bang on car which stop at traffic light.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
i see, i can understand the need to keep the brake pedal pressed when stopped at the lights or danger prone areas when being the last car. In those situations i can understand how it'll be safer, though rarely used and the actual brake pedal can do the job.
I'm not exactly sure how to get it done, wiring sense, but i suppose the handbrake switch can be tapped to the rear brake lights to achieve this.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
As MH wong's rationalization.

Well, yeah. but sometimes, im scared when i stopp but behind me there is no cars.
Especially during the night. And also i forgot to add.

I forgot to add something. I will be installing a 4th brake light.
The 4th one has the same functions as the normal brake lights.
Plus, it will be brighter when handbrake is pulled. But
the normal 3 other lights are dimmer just like u didnt press the foot pedal.

I think Formula D's front facing red brake led strip is for handbrakes? Haha

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
and your brake light will be shining glaringly at each traffic light...either you're infront or back..
won't be so popular this..

er you mean extra light (4th) for the handbrake only?...seems ok then..

there's indication on the panel for handbrake..should be a switch at the handbrake for this..find that...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
and your brake light will be shining glaringly at each traffic light...either you're infront or back..
won't be:y::y::y: so popular this..

er you mean extra light (4th) for the handbrake only?...seems ok then..

there's indication on the panel for handbrake..should be a switch at the handbrake for this..find that...
Yup. 4th brake light. On the bottom.
If u say the other 3 lights too, i dont see the problem actually.
Because whenever i stop at night. I step on foot pedal.
So it's glaring too right? haha.
:top:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ummm... when I pull my handbrake all my brake lights turn on. This is the default, no? So I don't understand what you want to mod

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Ahh I see.. I used to have that habit of pulling handbrake at traffic lights.. Until a few times I forgot to let it go I just drove home with the handbrake still pulled..

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
use relay, tap from dash indicator for E brake to trigger the relay and goes to 4th brake light. Take the power source fm ACC circuit not the constant 12v.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

use relay, tap from dash indicator for E brake to trigger the relay and goes to 4th brake light. Take the power source fm ACC circuit not the constant 12v.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ummm... when I pull my handbrake all my brake lights turn on. This is the default, no? So I don't understand what you want to mod
Your brake lights in the rear lights up when you put the hand brakes? or you means the hand brakes indicator in the dash?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Probably as Tom mentioned you could tap the hand brakes switch to the rear lights and/or join to foot brakes, means activated but either switch.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

As MH wong's rationalization.

Well, yeah. but sometimes, im scared when i stopp but behind me there is no cars.
Especially during the night. And also i forgot to add.

I forgot to add something. I will be installing a 4th brake light.
The 4th one has the same functions as the normal brake lights.
Plus, it will be brighter when handbrake is pulled. But
the normal 3 other lights are dimmer just like u didnt press the foot pedal.

I think Formula D's front facing red brake led strip is for handbrakes? Haha
The bulbs for the rear lamps is of 21w/5w. 5w for night light and 21w for brakes.
I think will be difficult to tap to 5w for hand brakes and 21w for foot brakes, unless you wire the hand brake switch direct to the rear lights...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ahh I see.. I used to have that habit of pulling handbrake at traffic lights.. Until a few times I forgot to let it go I just drove home with the handbrake still pulled..
Your's must be drum brake? Since u can drag it all the way. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[/COLOR]Probably as Tom mentioned you could tap the hand brakes switch to the rear lights and/or join to foot brakes, means activated but either switch.

The bulbs for the rear lamps is of 21w/5w. 5w for night light and 21w for brakes.
I think will be difficult to tap to 5w for hand brakes and 21w for foot brakes, unless you wire the hand brake switch direct to the rear lights...
Wuu this is something. So when the pedal is pressed, it's 21W right?

Hmm, ACC make sense. Just hit me. haha
How do I know where the indicator get the info from the E-Brake? :confused:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience