ground cable to

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
6 months ago i put in ground cable to my engine,chassis,alternator,throttle body...right now im planning to put additional cable to my aircond compresor,will it give any good effect???will the air conditioning suffer by installing another cable to the compresor,ur opinion wud be appreciated...

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
i know the advantage is insignificant if it's a new engine,however the cable are known to be connected to distributor/alternator/engine/throttle body/chassis,however it will still give some advantages than problem,however im not so sure whether this cable can be put to aircond compresor,any1 tried it b4???will it make ur compresor better or worst???ur aircond colder???any1???

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
Everything involving the electrical systems in your car requires a free flow of electrons to (+ve) and from (-ve) the battery. Good electrical performance requires a grounding system that is able to take a lot of current with minimal resistance. Your spark plugs, lights, fans, ICE components, air conditioner, power windows, cigarette lighter, etc. all work on a complicated electrical network that includes fuses, relays, and electrical cabling and they all share a common ground.

However, a common stock grounding system consists of just a few non-braided cables that connect the chassis, engine and firewall to the negative terminal of the battery. As these connections oxidize or come loose over time, the amount of conductive material decreases, and the electrical devices have to work much harder to overcome the increased resistance.

Even brand new cars can have problems with inadequate grounding. If you want the ultimate in everything, you should consider getting a set of high quality grounding cables that help make sure that the electrical equipments in your car perform as well as they can.

**in short, grounding WILL NOT improve performance. It helps restore the lost power due to improper grounding of the stock cabling system. On a new car, it is an insurance for the electrical equipments to work properly.

This is from someone selling custom-grouding set, sincere enough?

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
how does the whole grounding system looks like? is it like juz wires wires or more complicated? sorry bout the stupid Q.. total noob too..

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
not neccessarily..

Ground a point on the firewall close to the ECU or the blower will do.

Otherwise you have to take your time and effort making holes on the firewall or on the existing rubber stopper. The location of the rubber stopper might not be close to the ECU.. so you might need extra long cable to do so..

It's better to ground the chassis or firewall near to the ECU.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi!was wondering if any1 got solution for me..
anyway, im driving iswara and i plan to upgrade to a 195/50/15 rims, i was told its quite heavy, becoz i dont have power steering..
is it recommended to chg just to a 185/50/15 or 185/60/14 rims?
will it be very heavy if i take the 15" rims, what a bout stress on the suspension?
Thanks!!

Cheers
Peter
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience