Gen-2 engine transplant??? need help!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Dear all

My friend using a gen-2, now he wanna have some modification (remained as AT), since gen2 is kinda new in mod market, so i really need the help from all experienced personnel here. He got 2 options to go:

1. Use the original engine, reset of ori computer, port & polished, lightened piston, conrod and crank shaft balancing, this mod ll carry out by CM racing JB, according to the mech, they ll use the existing parts and do some modification to make it lighter and stronger, guranteed problem free, and 140bhp on wheel (MT), total cost is RM5,500

2. This is what i suggested, go for 4G93T! cost wise around 8-9k not so sure...

Here is the problem,

1. the mech from cm racing insisted that engine transplant is definitely problematic because of wiring problem, and mention 4g93 auto transmission is easily spoilt because it is ori 4wd... true?

2. If converted to 4g93, eventually we ll use the mitsubishi computer but gen2 meter has a digital panel to show mileage and fuel efficiency and audio control built in steering still can operate well after link to mitsu com?

3. My friend love gen2 dashboard so much, so if we use back the gen2 dashboard, any problem might occur ? like wiring and so on so forth?

4. The price stated above is meant for half-cut, what if we only buy engine, com and full set wiring, can it be done? is it a lot more cheaper?

Thanks for all information and help i might received... : )

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
ppl sell fish sure tell u fish better than beef la....
wahahaha.....

ok...
i've once sit in a waje GSR A/T before....
my mech test drove it....
the power is nice i must say....
my mech has been telling me dat the 4G93T is v reliable although its auto.....
the most important thing is not to increase the boost.....
he sounds confident la......

as for the dash board.....
i dun think dats a big prob.....
as i've been told even if the new edition saga were to transplant 4g91.....
a good wiring man will b able to connect the wiring properly.....
so dat the digital water temp n fuel gauge can b used......

hope these info is sufficient for u.....
anyway....
since u from JB.....
y not come n join our TT????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyway around kl or selangor doing custom* engine parts like customer intake manifold and crankshafts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience