Gearbox Oil

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
aikss..no one still the answer eh?
what happen if the gear oil didnt change?
will it damage the gear?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by JINEIL2EN+Nov 26 2004, 11:23 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JINEIL2EN @ Nov 26 2004, 11:23 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-s0n1c@Nov 26 2004, 09:23
how u flush?
goto any shop said u wanna flush ur GB lah........they flush & change ur GB oil at the same time....
i flush mines at Kepong, bout rm60. coz kira in Per Liter. so, mines is 5liter X rm12= rm60. [/b][/quote]
Dude, i'm confused with this. What do ppl mean by flush? I change the gear oil before .. but I always get confused by ppl saying flush the gear oil, and also flush the brake fluid. Ahhhhh :unsure: , slap myself silly :lol:

et5828: Nothing wrong, you can change your gearbox oil every 50 - 60,000 kms. Those people who always shift gears, like drag racing or track racing. Actually, it doesn't really matter. Myself I change every 20,000 kms because I bought a Castrol gear oil (same size as castrol magnetec) that allows me to use twice, i afraid the oil 'rosak' .. so thats why I choose to change every 20,000 kms. :lol:

What is there to save right? 20,000 kms is quite sometime, and the gear oil only about RM 50. :rolleyes:

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
tq tq for the answer
goin to change it when it reach 40k la...hehe
now 35k

sureshn

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
NS
Visit site
i once totally forgot about gear oil change for about 100k. thankfully, no damage is done. the gears still engage nicely now. phew ....

as for change vs flush: from my understanding - flush means to completely get rid of all traces of the old oil (or water, in the case of radiator). change means to take old oil out and put new oil in but this does not mean all the old oil has poured out. so, the new oil will mix with the little amount of old oil left.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Flush all just simply made up terms my friend. What you want to do is keep a good track on when you change oils and mantain that. This is a form of preventative mantainence. The workshop fellows know how to physc people like us out especially when we change oil---> Since change oil huh better get rid of all other old oil residue lorr= bullshit. My take on this matter anyway. I change my transmission and differential oil once a year.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Actually changing Gb oil is to jaga the Gb like how we jaga our engine when we change engine oil... Part of maintenance...

It is not meant to make diff like increasing HP n make ur car more powerful.
But it do really make ur gears (auto GB for tis case coz mine is auto) shift smoother n quieter after changing GB oil.

So some ppl will say change GB oil alr will make ur car more powerful.... Actually is juz that everything goes smoother so u end up feeling more power...

lostdesigner

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
i oso want to change my gb oil la... anybody has any experience changing gear oil at eneos b4? just want to know the service is good or not.. and what kind of oil do they use.... thank u ah.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Originally posted by lostdesigner@Jan 12 2005, 04:29
i oso want to change my gb oil la... anybody has any experience changing gear oil at eneos b4? just want to know the service is good or not.. and what kind of oil do they use.... thank u ah.
Eneos in Metro Prime, Kepong is not bad....wat oil u wan u juz told them......
juz dun try at Eneos 1U, or u won't trust in Eneos anymore....

lostdesigner

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
my dad usually service his car at eneos one utama.... he said okay onli. no problem one. i never tried there.. maybe someone can share experience servicing there.. anyways JIN what the story la wit eneos 1utama.. why so bad the service?

cmr3

Known Member
Nov 11, 2004
one of my friends use a very peculiar gearbox oil additive....somethin called friction eliminator....he said it was good for the gearbox, excluding auto transmission.....because auto transmission has a built in clutch mechanism, so no point of using this additive as it will cause slippage of gear engagement.....but good for manual....causing easy masuk gear......smooth as a feather......maybe one day i'll try it out..

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Try a mixture of 5% Tufoil with 80W90 gear oil.

We are all using it in our own cars.You will get a cooler running gearbox.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All Sifu.

Good day.
I would like to seek for all of your help to get the confirmation for this color code.
Hope all the paint expert from ZTH able to assist me on this :adore::adore::adore:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience