G100 Front Disk Rotor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pierretan

Known Member
Hi guys,

My car (G100, 1.3 HC-E) front disk rotor is getting bad. It making noice now when the brake pad apply on it. And the work shop told me the disk rotor can not be skim, coz it is very thin already.

So, i'm thinking to get a new set disk rotor. Anyone know what brand is good for G100, can i use others car's disk rotor to replace the daihatsu's one? Can the G100 gtti (2 layer, with center hole) can fit into my car?

I can't remember the name of the shop but they sell OMP products and advertise in Hypertune. Their shop is in Sunway, near the halfcut shop. They have ventilated discs but you have to order.

You can also fit GTti discs if you can find them. Good luck.

hemm..ventilated disc brake..nice ;) , If i'm not mistaken, basic spec for g100 gtti front disc brake is ventilated, am i rite?

cb70 said:
hemm..ventilated disc brake..nice ;) , If i'm not mistaken, basic spec for g100 gtti front disc brake is ventilated, am i rite?
Yes, the GTti front discs are ventilated. But they are rare, so he might choose to go for the other one. I'm not sure but the performance discs on offer might be ventilated and also cross-drilled.

Just remembered the shop name. It is Rosedi Motorsports. Try this number: 03 - 5638 - 8911

Last edited:
Speed Demon,

Thanks for the info. Well, the Gtti front disc is really hard to get. :( I will call Rosedi Motorsports to find out what is the replacement.

Beside, i think i might need to change the brake caliper as well, because the ventilated disc is more thicker than the stock disc.

I found the stock front disc for G100 is RM 120 per disc. In that case the ventilated disc will be more expensive, right?

Thanks for the info speed, i'll try to call the shop... :)

Pierretan, is it thicker than the stock g100 solid disc brake? Then, the braking performance & response should be improved rite compare to solid one since the heat generated on the disc will be dispersed evenly & quickly...Really can't use existing brake caliper/pad due to its thickness? how about the diameter? wider?

Appreciate ur guys opinion on this:
1. Someone told me, some mechanics can install detomaso 1.6 brake disc & callipers for front & rear of aura g100, however drive shaft need to be changed as well which all the charges involve are too costly...? any downside...?
2. Btw, replacing exisiting brake host to good one, does give u improvement in braking?

tq

cb70,

Well, since the ventilated disc have two layer, so i think it will be more thicker than the stock g100 solid disc. Beside, Allan (Dream Machine) told me, if i want to change to gtti ventilated disc, i have to change the caliper also.

I not sure about how the ventilated disc work, but people said it works better than the solid disc. :)

I do changed my G100 rear drum to disc brake. I think the one i installed is detomaso rear disc + caliper. Dream Machine installed it for me about RM450. For the front disc, i not sure it need to change the drive shaft. Another thing is, mine is 1.3 HC-E, so the drive shaft might same as 1.6 detomaso. Any1 can confirm about this?

1. Someone told me, some mechanics can install detomaso 1.6 brake disc & callipers for front & rear of aura g100, however drive shaft need to be changed as well which all the charges involve are too costly...? any downside...?

Yes, the driveshafts need to be replaced because the length and splines of the Deto driveshaft is different from the GTti & CB23. Also, the position & size of the calipers are also different because the thickness of the discs are different.

CB70 is correct. Ventilated discs perform better because the heat is dissipated better compared to just a single solid disc. That is the purpose of ventilated and cross-drilled discs. To ensure air flow is at the optimum. With hard braking, just two laps round a race track will have your discs glowing and temps reaching sky-high. But with a good braking system & tires, you can do wonders. I'm using GTti front and Deto rear brakes. On 15" full-slick tires, I could hit 190km/h on the Sepang North Track straight and brake just 70m from a 180 degree turn. :shades_smile:

2. Btw, replacing exisiting brake host to good one, does give u improvement in braking?

A common mod for brake hoses is to replace them with steel braided hoses. Standard brake hoses are just rubber. So when you do a lot of braking, the brake fluid heats up. This can cause the rubber hoses to expand and in extreme cases "balloon" up, making the flow of the brake fluid inconsistent. By changing to braided hoses where the rubber hoses are wrapped in stainless steel, the hoses can't expand, ensuring consistent flow.

Just changing your hoses might see a slight improvement in performance due to the hoses being in better condition. Servicing your brake system also generates better performance.

Hey Pierre...Why dont we meet up on saturday...a few of us charade peopel are...it'd be nice to see some new faces...hahaha...

Then u can meet master speed demon....

and we can complain about our cars to each other.... hahaha

doug u gonna complain bout yr car which has a new heart and brain ...i dont think so ...all ull be taljing bout is how fast my car is and how i had a gsr for break fast..hoho

Thanks speed for the info...So, have u changed yours to ventilated disc brakes (front & rear)? From your above statement, 70m distance stop at 190km/h speed, I believe you've got them in place rite?...

hehe...Dougster,...i've met speed once, few months back....
During weekdays, in Sunway, where do you all hang out?

Off topic question : just wondering, does charade aura 1.0 comes with rear anti-sway bar...(beneath the car, holding the rear arms)? i've seen one daihatsu charade aura 1.3 with the rear anti-sway bar...Does it come with 1.0 or 1.3 as default parts?

thanks guys...:)

got 2 types of dat anti-roll bar...one from 1.3 kissa and another from gtti...
the latter is hard to find...basically both are worth using....
difference is da gtti's is thicker...
da thing comes as default for kissa and gtti...

cb70 said:
Thanks speed for the info...So, have u changed yours to ventilated disc brakes (front & rear)? From your above statement, 70m distance stop at 190km/h speed, I believe you've got them in place rite?...

hehe...Dougster,...i've met speed once, few months back....
During weekdays, in Sunway, where do you all hang out?
I initially used the brakes from my GTti halfcut. But recently I changed my rear to a Deto set. Gavan is now using my rear GTti brake system.

But remember I was also using 15" full-slick tires! On normal tires I think I would have smashed into the wall!!! :_:

We've met before?! :confused_smile: Can't remember! Sorry.

g100s,

thanks man for the advise.....Any replacement brand for the rare anti-roll bar...? I know one brand, ultra racing, but it only has the front fender bar only..

Speed,

if u remember, i bought the "charade" reflector fr u...We met in front of sunway pyramid...During that time, u've just recover from unwellness... :)

cb70 said:
Speed,

...During that time, u've just recover from unwellness... :)

You mean the preliminary AIDS syndrome he was diagnosed?

Guys... when we going to meet up? I heard every 2nd SAT of the month, Daihatsu gang will meet up at Kesas Highway rest area. Any 1 is going there?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom