Fuel setting too rich?

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I heard bt original setting the fuel is very rich. is it true? I see my car's bumper very dark. it's like smoked by the exhaust. I'm only using the original double exhaust for 20V, everything also original setting.

Is it really bt fuel setting is rich? anyway to adjust it or reset it? sifus-sifus please advise.

4agze_gt

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hello there,
maybe using safc would help to lean the ratio.......:_:

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
check engine oil,
burning rich seldom will cause ur bumper black beside u mouth ur exhaust too near to ur bumper.
burning engine oil will cause paint and bumper dark colour.

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
i had the same prob..........

contact sifu EFN and get his Adjustable Fuel presure Regulator........

confirm solve tht problem...........

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
Yup i had the same problem.............then i installed FPR, BOOM "solved"

blackish, transparent smoke rite.......the smell damn teruk rite?

Contact EFN - 0122407780
He will solve ur problem.........

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
install AFR meter also :)

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Kiran, thanx a lot man for your support. Glad that the A-FPR helped you and the rest of the users.

superhero

Feb 3, 2006
Raymond_Hu me is a new member...u dunno me but when i already read your problem..maybe i can help u..can u tell clearly about your problem...your bumper is very dark rite...the exhaust pipe have white smoke or dark smoke...maybe your setting problem...what is your engine type..is that toyota 20v silver top or 20v black top??

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
hm.. a curious question.

Lets say, install a SAFC, without dyno tune and also air/fuel gauge, how do we know our engine is running lean or rich? Same goes to Adjustable Fuel Regulator? it may have a gauge indication for FPR but if we lower the setting, maybe in certain rpm band the car will be running on lean?

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
since we're talking about problems here...

att-EFN and sifo chin.

i had got one problems too

i'm suing 2e carb..everything is very fine except for my first start in the morning and my first accel in the morning

it didn;t want to start....first crank and it'll die...until i ahve to force start it by pressing on teh accel...if not i'll gotta crank at least more than 5 times to let it jerk and at low rpms until it idle stable. aprt from that my first accel is will make the engine dies too(sumtime)

you pressed on it....it's like the vacumm lost its way and teh carb is suffocating and then died...how come?

*more or less goes to the first starting/cranking the engine in the morning...it sounds and feel liek..the carb suffocate and then died and i gotta crank it again...

what come to worst..engine all warms up...drive..shut down..20 minutes go back to car..first crank dies again...(similiar to...carb suffocate and dies)..second crank you'll see the rpm dropping saking badly and hen after sum time..it'll be come normal.

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
normality78 said:
hm.. a curious question.

Lets say, install a SAFC, without dyno tune and also air/fuel gauge, how do we know our engine is running lean or rich? Same goes to Adjustable Fuel Regulator? it may have a gauge indication for FPR but if we lower the setting, maybe in certain rpm band the car will be running on lean?
I wanna know the answer of this question also..any sifoo can tell..
BTW...my back bumper is like kena burnt! Black + the paint is burnt. Confirm running too rich + the stupid fire spark..

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
without a wide band air fuel ratio gauge, u cant know the proper air fuel
ratio. Only thing u can tell is rough monitoring of the performance of
your car. Like black smoke is a good sign of running rich as well as
hesitation & unsmooth accelleration. But then again all those signs
could mean other problems as well...

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
i have wide band AF meter. Innovate LM-1 and LM-3 will reach me next week.
i can do datalogging for you. of course is chargable, but will be below market price. cause i buy the equipment for my own use.
too learn will give you smooth drive. on my 4age 16v, i set about 14AFR.
too rich will give you more power. i set my car at 13.5AFR at low rev, 12.5AFR at high rev and accerelation.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com

for AFR controller,
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

for Input capture,
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,just wondering if any owners of NA cars are using this particular item.And also I hope someone can elaborate on what this item does and what are the effects of it.Im just wondering if this is actually a BOV for NA cars or what? Or is it like a fake blow off? Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience