Fuel pressure on high flow injectors

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i have a question to ask. why whenever i try to drive a large injector of low impedence (peak & hold type) via a resistor pack to a vehicle wid existing high impedence injector system i get this trouble of getting the car to idle on the 1st start. i have to wind down the fuel pressure till very low around 1.8bar in order to get started. starting up wid a low duty cycle couldnt help much wid stock fuel press as it seems doesnt response ... and once it ticks, i foul the plugs.

why ah..? can some one enlight me abit ah...?

btw -- im referring this issue when i drive 800cc sard injectors, and recently the MSD (rochester) 1000cc injectors

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i copy tis frm my post in drift.com.my

regarding my headache doing the large injector setup... no one can really provide me info on electrical stuff. just to share the issue im facing

msd injectors 96lb/min (1008cc) low impedence 3 ohm.
stock 1jz injector is 380cc 13ohm (high impedence).
self made resistor pack .(10w,10ohm)

wid a simple theory i added a resistor pack to run the msd as im using piggyback. E manage ultimate. i realized the limitation of tis emu and i know i can sort tis problem by using a standalone to drive this set of blardy injectors. however my point is to find out what is the cause of my injectors not giving response to the signal i key in.

scenario 1
stock injector 1jz idle at 1.5ms (max) and theorytically my car should idle at around 0.56ms (a near assumption). at the fuel pressure (static) of around 3bar or 44psi. BUT i face problem which my injector wouldnt response at all at that MS...play around with the injector corrector.. couldnt crack the injector open at all. being fed-up, i wind up the ms.... untill a stage the injector opens and of course it flood my cylinders and foul the plugs.

scenario 2
i wind down the fuel pressure all the way down to 1bar static. Yes 1bar. I know its damm low and i will definitely contaminate my engine oil wid pressure this low.just to give it a try, suprisingly it idle nice and rich. 12afr...i can go as low as 0.5ms, idle nicely, easy start. BUT , when i slowly wind up my fuel press, my afr become leaner and leaner... direct opposite of the normal that we face. i checked the regulator gauge,my fuel pump, wiring and all sorts of related stuffs. so i crack up the ms while i bump up the pressure... but it couldnt go pass 1.3bar static. it will be damm hard to start... (injector kejap response kejap tidak) and even it idle, it wont idle good even though afr is at 13.5afr and its impossible to wind the pressure to stock pressure. it will lean out will my engine stall...

what i suspect is, the current that drive my injector is not enough to overcome the fuel pressure that press my injectors. at low load (low pressure) the injector can open but at higher load (higher pressure) the injector couldnt drive and lock up by the fuel. so my assumption is on the current. im not electrical guy. and i just know the very simple V=IR and power=IV. my idea is to find out and learn what is causing this issue. i asked a few but i dont get any convincing answer... and im very sure and aware i could solve tis by buying high impedence injector or use a standalone to drive them without the resistor pack. However it doesnt serve my purpose to learn and find out this limitation and break it.. any of you guys input are very much welcome :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

** oh ya btw im running on dual bosch 910 fuel pump to the engine

Last edited:

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2007
Bro how about using fuel pressure regulator to regulate pressure (your dual system) Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Specs:

Bosch Part Number: 0 580 254 910
Minimum Current: 12 Volts
Operating Pressure: 72.5 PSI (5 Bar)
Minimum Flow @ Outlet: 34 GPH (130 LPH)
Fuel Pump Location: In-Line

72.5 x 2 = 145psi if running sequential...low down the pressure in line by using Rising Rate or Multiplier (ACcording to boost) FPR.. meaning if give u more pressure vary boost level.

just using fuel regulator to maintaining fuel pressure in fuel rail it just not enough..in your cases.

Bro this just my idea...in not neither electrical guy nor foreman ...just throw idea - try helping each other:wavey:....if im wrong please ignore...:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought a 1992 Mira (Thai-built) 3 cylinder carb with a blown motor. I will be buying a second-hand EFI motor from Japan for it. The shop that will be installing my next motor has warned me to stay away from Turbo motors. Apparently the parts can be expensive and hard to find here in Thailand but I will ask the motor shop if they stock all the parts for these motors as the shop is massive!

I was previously thinking about the JB-DET as it seems to have the most power at lowest RPM, or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience