Frameless window doors - do they really reliable?

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
guys..

Just bring up this topic since i'm wondering of some car models equipped with frameless window door such as impreza, skyline, 350Z, mini cooper and some coupe/convertible/hard top/soft top models..

my friend drive 1981 celica where he keep on complaining on his window rubber sealing which permitted water to leak into cabin during rainy days. so, trying to solve the problem, he installed door visors but still to need coutiously pay attention when washing the car especially at the B-pillar area.

so any of you guys driving cars with frameless window and faced this issue? another one thing, do frameless window really protect noise from outside of the car? :hmmmm:

me no experience driving ones.. your sharing advise/solutions mostly welcome :wink:

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
my old DB8 integra also never have problem..

and the window is better than those new 2 month old waja..ehehehhe..

frameless is priceless,believe me.. :)

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
i own a hyundai coupe, with frameless door, no leaking problem yet, did not have to use door visor, and yes frameless is worth it, just my 2cents

Last edited by a moderator:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I drive an old 75 Trueno. The main enemy of frameless doors is the sealing rubber. Cars like mine are too old to have spares, so the rubbers harden over time and the seal is not good anymore. Also another problem is the window winder and the seal between the door and glass window have to be in tip top condition. You cannot have slacks and loose here. My car is already more than 30 years old. So can't compare. But i believe it should work very well during its heydays.

Because so many modern cars like 350Z, Hyundai or Subaru is less or 15 years old only, their rubber is hardly worn or tested. If you compare very old cars like your friends Celica and my trueno, of course these 2 cars will spot a leak or two.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, anyone tried doing a light dimmer in your cabin? Like those BMW when the door closed, the cabin light will only goes off after a few seconds. I have tried the following circuit. Having problem... Yes, the circuit works, but the light only gets dimmer, really just dimmer and doesnt go off. Can someone share how to improve on the circuit or if a better circuit to share? Thank u.
[FONT=Times New...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience