Flipping Go-Karts and Crashes - uncommon yet seriously unfunny

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
<iframe width="335" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OKhwg54Gv9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ever seen Go-Kart crashes? Regular for-fun rental Karts do cause sprains, backaches and whiplashes, but those superficial aches are nothing compared to the risks involved in a race with mental 125cc race-karts where speeds are in excess of 120km/h! Seasoned Karters know the drill and are familiar with the T-bones and occasional climb-overs while racing in a pack but nothing prepares one for an actual kart flip.

Bigger Video:
Karting crashes and smashes - YouTube

In this video, you can literally feel the impact of 70-80kgs worth of metal slamming down on the pinned driver(s) while scraping on the tarmac before being hit by someone else. Now we're not discouraging anyone from karting, in fact we're major fan of the sport, its just that burning urge to share this for the love of Karting, where bloopers can mean a simple boo-boo or a full-fledged concussion.

In other news, here's a video of the Isle of Man Superkart Race again

superkart isle of man - YouTube

And an R1 powered Homemade Kart for Big Balled Boys

R1 Go Kart Passes a Cop..........FOR SALE $4,995 - YouTube

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wahh.. nice. I've seen how fast a 125cc kart can be since they over took me in a straight even though i was flat out in a 100cc kart.

Also a friend was caught under one of those karts in Sepang when one kart somehow bounced and landed on him whilst he was just passing the kart. It's a painful painful experience especially when the flying kart still had the accelerator on full throttle. The burn marks were pretty nasty.

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
No need 120kmh, around 80-90kmh can be very scary when things go wrong. I am a withness of flying, flip kart, broken bone pierce through the skin, broken rib, karts pile up, driver black out due to the impact...

Motorsport is dangerous especially when you dont respect it =P

So... Tom are you joining us this coming 5th of May ? LOL

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
No need 120kmh, around 80-90kmh can be very scary when things go wrong. I am a withness of flying, flip kart, broken bone pierce through the skin, broken rib, karts pile up, driver black out due to the impact...

Motorsport is dangerous especially when you dont respect it =P

So... Tom are you joining us this coming 5th of May ? LOL
Keeltha, you're? Eugene? Brandon? Jac?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too scary to play Karting :afraid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

civic EH5 (local model)

just noticed my PS fluid are low and found out that my tie rod have leaks. what are possible solution?

p/s: i've replaced whole steering rack less than 2y ago

another question from pic below... do i need to replace bush? (outer tie rod)

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience