Ferrari Challenge @ Sepang F1 Circuit

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

The Ferrari Challenge Race was held over the weekend; and two series were being contested - the Trofeo Pirelli and Coppa Shell categories respectively. This was the first time the series was held in Malaysia, and it would be the fourth and penultimate round of the competition before the World Finals would be held in Mugello in November.

Naza Italia participated in Round 4 of the competition under the Naza Racing Team at the Ferrari Challenge Asia Pacific. Their driver was race veteran Erwin Azizi who had countless driving experiences at Sepang including the Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race (MME), Malaysian Super Series (MSS), as well as the Sepang 1,000km. It was a good end to the race when Erwin Azizi finished on the podium, at his championship debut at his home race.

It was my second time ever at Sepang's F1 Circuit. The weather threatened to pour the entire day, but thankfully no rain hampered the race. For me, it was an incredible experience, especially to witness a properly managed race, and be at ground zero to bask in the sights, sounds, and emotions from the pits. Although the Ferrari Challenge series allowed both 430 and 458 Challenge machines, only 458s were raced, totaling about 20 units.

As this was a Ferrari event, the car park was filled with many Malaysian Ferraristi. In fact, the race had such a strong following, that some of the Risti from Singapore also made their way up to Sepang to witness the race.

Of course, Ferrari owners weren't the only spectators...

For more pictures of the event, feel free to check out my album on Facebook.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
so u were there to cover the event? lucky u !!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I had media passes, but I was there more to just have a look-see, and not so much do a coverage. Next time (if there is a next time), I'll definitely be more prepared.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Do you happend to know the lap time from 458 Challenge?
Sub 2:20minutes?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help from Satri GTi owner here to confirm 2 things as my GTi (model year 1999 with MMC ECU and MAF) has been modified by previous owner to Mivec head and 275cc injector with adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I know the original injector is 240cc and wonder if there is anything else he change.

Questions:
1. can anyone help to identify what should be the correct MAF code for this car? (the 3 digit code on sensor)
2. what is the original ECU for this car? (the 4 digit code on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience