Fender signal ON - How To??

ir1

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
Hi everyone,
I dont know this topic already post or not, but I wanna ask here how to make fender signal always on when we turn-on headlamp. Only when we ON the signal, the fender will blinking.
Thank you.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
whatever would you want to do that for?

it is confusing for other drivers as well

but, if you want it to be always on then just tap the positive from your headlights and connected it to your side signal (fender) lamp

gsr_libero

Known Member
Oct 25, 2005
fender signal always on...how??

yeah... i also want 2 know how la..??
thanz 2 ir1...

ir1

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
DarkAccoon said:

but, if you want it to be always on then just tap the positive from your headlights and connected it to your side signal (fender) lamp
It will look nice at night, especially when you used coloured bulb. Is it will blinking if I ON signal if I do like that???

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
yes bro will blink as well when signal ON..
so many car on road use this kinda style liao. ;).

yewnen

Sep 5, 2005
Malaysia
1du.org
I think you can connect the fender lamp to a relay, where the lamp connected to relay and ON using light switch. The relay is then being triggered by the signal light causing the fender light to blink. When the signal light is switch OFF, then the fender light will always ON. :wink:

ir1

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
WAJA2003 said:
i tot is u fende bulb - wire tap to u small headlamp - 1 worrr...
only need add 1 wire only..easy job.
u mean connect 1 wire from small headlamp to fender lamp. only 1 wire?

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
DarkAccoon said:

darkaccoon,

well, i think other wise. This kind of side marker light is a MUST for cars in US and some car in Europe. It's for safety purposes.

you see, with the sidemarker lights, it makes the car more visible at night from the side. It is espcially useful when the car is crossing a junction and also when a car is side by side with another car.

in fact, i have hooked up my fender lights to make it switched on whenever the lights are ON....not for looks, but more for safety.

it wont confuse road users as the side fender lights will start blinking together with the signal lights.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
side marker lights and signal lights are two different thing

for one, in malaysia, how many cars has these side marker lights

this debate will be similiar to whether a not it is correct to on hazard light when it is raining and thus very subjective

from my point of view,
keeping the signal light on at all times is kinda dangerous
as humans, we normally give a short glance on certain things
many may not realise it, but when we see another car's signal, we normally take a very short glance and our brains will translate the message to us that the car ones to change lane

however, in that short moment, we sometimes fail to see that the signal light is on at all times and not blinking, thus causing our brain to mistranslate these signals

and from wrong judgement, we as driver will take into defence (well, most normal non-aggresive drivers do) and make way for the other car to turn into our lane

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
DarkAccoon said:
side marker lights and signal lights are two different thing

for one, in malaysia, how many cars has these side marker lights

this debate will be similiar to whether a not it is correct to on hazard light when it is raining and thus very subjective

from my point of view,
keeping the signal light on at all times is kinda dangerous
as humans, we normally give a short glance on certain things
many may not realise it, but when we see another car's signal, we normally take a very short glance and our brains will translate the message to us that the car ones to change lane

however, in that short moment, we sometimes fail to see that the signal light is on at all times and not blinking, thus causing our brain to mistranslate these signals

and from wrong judgement, we as driver will take into defence (well, most normal non-aggresive drivers do) and make way for the other car to turn into our lane
Ya...tat's true. Causing more confuse than safety. Speaking from experience here.
1. it's blinking if jus hav a glance of it.
2. it's not blinking. mayb it's spoil. no need follow if the light is blinking suddenly.
Worst if u do it wif diff colored bulb than the signal light color bulb.

Off topic... Hate the most for those make thier reverse light come together wif brake light.
Duno wat's function of the lights 1..

Last edited:

Angelz

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
Anyway if im not wrong.. According to the JPJ it is illegal. Due to, certain people who are colour blind. It will make them confused that its a car coming or something like that.

Erm.. i hope im not wrong.. I read it somewhere in zth some time ago..

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
even more off topic a bit

did anyone realised that it is illegal to put blue, green or red lights outside your vehicle
best examples are those blue led on the windscreen washer nozzle

reasoning behind it would be
blue and red lights are used for emergency vehicles

read this somewhere before but cannot remember where
as i was reading it that time
something puzzles me

aren't our brake lights red?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifus out there
have any of u heard about this new alarm system that requires a phone sim card?
uses gsm technology to track ur car down n shut it down in case of a hijack?
anybody selling/or has any experience with this product?
apparently it comes form taiwan

thanks a lot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience