Fake BOV Sound - How to?

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
That day I saw a product on sale in some accesory shop, the FAKE BOV Sound Maker...
about the price of RM200. I remember Johnson Lam once written a thread on how to do that, some sort like connecting Car horn, sound recording key chain, and amplifier.

Have anyone done that before? Anyone still remember how to do it? And those sound recording key chain. Where to get them? I used to have one when I'm small.. but these days hardly see them around.

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
Ooh. ok ok. thanks.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
The other option would be:- wind down your window and and shout *PishhhssTtt* You can also have varied sound effects like wastegates, sequential BOV... just j/k

On the other hand, you could try using an air horn, but but modify the funnel so that it does not whistle... but the prob is how do you amplify the sound

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
Can that actually be done? I mean the air horn thingy?

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
possible... coz the last time when my friend's air horn 'kong', it sounded like BOV but only one note lower... hehehe.. just need to amplify it

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
Hmm.. interesting DIY. The one I saw last time... Johnson said..

Use the SoundRecording keychain. Record the sound "PSST" or "PISHHH" .. as you like. (With your mouth of course)....
Then, wire it to an amplifier.. and connect the amplifier to an alarm horn. U can use a button to control.

Not trying to be pozer or what.. but that DIY seems damn bloody funny, I felt like doing it as a good joke for my friends to laugh at.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Well, you can try my first option though.... just wind down your window and pish pish, i guess it will have the same effect (ie laughing matter) as the whole process of wiring and DIY-ing...

but nevertheless, happy DIY

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
I think it's something like.. U have a button in your steering. U press at will. My idea is, wire it to my shiftlight. WHen it lights at a certain RPM , it fires.

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
Many possibilities. Mebbe u can even record your own sound.. TEPI TEPI! Or connect a mike to it.. cool

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
End of the day... nothing beats the real deal.

A wise member once told me, "Stop wasting money on useless wannabe junk!".

epileather

Jan 12, 2004
Nah.. just for fun one. Hmm... but mebbe connecting a mike to an external horn.. mebbe useful during convoy. But.. certainly.. it's illegal.

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
KeonG said:
why don't get urself a REAL BOV?? :)
bro, NA with ori/real BOV ??? can it produce the sound like turbo application ?
from my understanding, NA can't produce high boost pressure in intake manifold.. that's why if u install real BOV in stock gti or wira 1.5, it can't produce the sound like turbo application...
NA with ori BOV, just a wasting of money...useless..

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
i saw some in magazines i think is kereta mag . they said have a app for this bov using speaker and some wiring ,so the pre recoded bov will sound in ya speaker 1000watts woooshhh *ah beng style. few hundred this thing

then that day got this ppl wan potong me show of his fake bov as he has turbo last got potong cause ... know la ..can see from the stock paip kurus kekek where can turbo bov also no gas

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Save up and get the real deal... screw those Ah Beng wannabe mods.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my putra std springs make my car ugly cause damn high.dont like the ride if change to sport springs.

so i was wondering how my car would look if i change to GTi std springs.i notice GTi's are lower than any other normal satria/putra/wira even in std form.

can anyone tell me how much is it lowered?how bout d ride? bumpier than stock putra springs?i wanna b very sure cause i just changed new absorbers.i takut it dont match then my new absorbers kong :eek:

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience