exhaust drone

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
Hi to all sifus.Need sum help here.I'm driving a prelude h22a vtec.Took out the cat and added a hotbits resonator and one top cat bullet.My muffler is sebring.At 2.5 to 3.5k rpm there is exhaust drone which is loud and vibrating but after 3.5k the drone dissapears and the exhaust note becomes softer and sounds good.How to get rid of the exhaust drone?My mech ask to remove the bullet and add another resonator.What do u all think?Thanking u all in advance :)

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
haha no prob.Damn leceh man the exhaust sound.Dunno wat to do edi.If muffler brand cap ayam i can understand.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
the drone sound is most prob the resonance of your exhaust note....could read it up in physics :D

so the best way to kill the sound is to alter the exhaust system...do try to check which part of the exhaust is making the noise, it could be the mid box or most probaly. the sound comes from your muffler itself since there is where the air is being release, so my best bet for you is to install another muffler and im pretty sure the sound would dissappear...... :D

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
Thanx bro.Will try to do that soon.I'll replace the bullet with a resonator