Engine Mounting

ZamS

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dear friends,

Just want to get some info for solid mounting. How's the performance, reliability, and the cost... Anybody have experience.....

ZAM

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
wht do u mean by solid mounting?
btw from wht i know, got this so-called ralli art immitation one veri hard and it comes in a piece. those normal ones are like cut into few pieces.
duno how to describe but i know how it looks like.
price of those ranging from RM 180 and above p/piece
i changed to one of those lastime front and back for the price of around Rm 5++ and the mounting beside the timing belt cover is RM 200 and for the gearbox im not veri sure cus neva change b4

auxoura

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
there is chance that your body might crack by using solid mountings....so just becareful :)

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
ahha..yeah true also, the concept is sumthin like Msian buildings and Japan buildings. Msia build them without any space cus ther isnt any earthquake here, but in Japan buidlings ther are earthquake so they uses sum materials dat is a bit flexible so wen it shakes it wonts crack those buildings.
same applies to engine mounting, if use those normal mountings, its lifespan is lower cus easily to crack, cus ther is a free space.but for a solid mounting, it will take some time to crack but body easy to crack cus ther is no free space. hope im rite here.
jus my 23 cents

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
yup.... true
b prepared to hv an earthquake rattling dashboard and steering when idling as well :P
got my solid mounting changed about a year ago, both the front-rear (north-south) x-member on a stock engine and 1 of it cracked :(

any1 selling or have extra for sale? :)

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
same here bro gsr. now my x-member left-right crack due to no free space wen im using this solid mounting. got to do double weld to make it stronger, im not sure if my x-member up-down got crack or not.got to check in these few days time. anyway ther are pros and cons using solid mountings. jus be prepared in case anythin cracked. another way of cracking those x-member is also due to lots of drags or sudden pick-ups. good luck