Engine Decarbonizer

JohnFrusciante

May 11, 2005
KL
I've been searching for related topics previously but the search results were only those in the marketplace.. so I create a new one for discussion

Straight to the point.. is this thing works? There are a few liquid products of engine decarbonizer out there.. lots of people bought it but no review given whether it is good or not.. All I see just pictures of cars producing lot of smokes and it claimed to be the carbon and sludges (or it's just the engine decarbonizer liquid itself being burnt?).

Yes, there are some reviews actually.. but I doubt their credibility coz they got zero postings and just registered 1-2 days later after the sale topic being created.

I am not against the product but just curious whether that thing is for real?

No offence to the seller.. I just want to know if what has been claimed is true or not?
If good = value for money.. if not = avoid

p/s - Based on logic.. it's for sure that overhauling work might do the job.. but if this thing is just 1/2 or 1/4 of true overhaul.. then it might be good already......................... At least got effect le..

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
I am on your side. I know this decorbonising METHOD (Even BMW do this kind of treatment using malt!) works but just dunno which product really effective. Same thing with the fuel saving and the air injector aka soft turbo.

I really want to see it for myself if the promoter wanna do demonstration and hopefully is not on my engine and pocket.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
is decarbonizer same with carb/injector cleaner??....

is it similar to fuel treatment??...

similar to engine flush as well??...

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
The flushing only involves the lower engine parts where the place reachable by engine oil.

While decarbonizer do more than TB and injector, (my understanding) they also scrub the combustion chamber, basicly where reachable by fuel and go out thru exhaust.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
minikar said:
The flushing only involves the lower engine parts where the place reachable by engine oil.

While decarbonizer do more than TB and injector, (my understanding) they also scrub the combustion chamber, basicly where reachable by fuel and go out thru exhaust.
icic.... thanks for the input...

means flusher is to clean the engine oil part while decarbonizer is to clean combustion chamber area.....

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
minikar said:

i think decarbonizer only cleans combustion chambers and intake manifold, as the decarbonizer is sucked from the manifold.

injectors can only be clean using injector cleaner machined.
but not sure thought about the injector cleaners that needed to be poured into tank., might be effective or not.

saw 3M injector cleaners about rm20. (poured to tank type). didnt buy/tested it anyway. :Not_Impressed:

and i saw the type that needed to be put directly to fuel line, in book :emoticon_U:. brand 3M also. this 1 might be effective.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
decarbonizer is to clean the carbon deposited in ur combustion chamber...

Carburetor cleaner can be use to clean the butterfly or tb against oily...u can use this to clean TB frequently if u dun wan decarb.

for fuel injector, either u take it out n send to service or jus pour in fuel injector cleaner to ur fuel tank...

i did decarb on my cars thru my own ways, it works i guess as i followed wat my mech instructed:_: but i dun think its good to reveal here as i promised to him...

my 2 cent.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
SkYwAlKeR said:
carb cleaner cost cheaper compare to WD-40 la.... what ler...
as i know...carb clean wil be slightly expensive than wd40.

but tat is not price problem for mech. the reason they use wd40 coz instead of spraying to carb, they stil can use wd40 for other purposes...tat y they didnt stock carn clean, which only can use to clean carb.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
using wd-40 is not a good idea in my opinion.
coz wd40 is oil base for lubrication. the oil will stick to the parts that been sprayed.

try sprying wd40 or the like to oil/grease stain. the stain wont be clean instead, it makes more oily.

carb cleaner is cheaper than wd40.

im using STP carb cleaner (blue and red tincan). very good in disolving gum/oil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi fellow tuners,

Any advise, as i was thinking of replacing the cip on my h22a ecu. But 1 thing confuses me is that my unit is different from the BB models.

I took my engine from a CD6 halfcut, and my ecu was of different manufacture. is there any chance to replace the chip for better responce or reprogram?

Or would a vtec controller do the trick?

Than'x.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience