EK9 anti roll bar on a EJ 4 door chasis

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Is there a different sizing for the ARB endlink, example shorter or longer size for EK9 to EK4. Seems my endlink looks very short and that might be the reason why its hitting the arm. If ek4 endlink is longer then I will just swap to an EK4 unit

edy7311

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
Hikaru said:
david, basically you can use the EK9 but you gotta drill new mounting point for the EK9 ARB:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/jayswift/Build%20Up/DSC03412.jpg
i use UR 19mm bar. cost me rm500 [U-braket&bush + 555 link rod]. and this link, not use L-braket to link wit ARB fr arm. just direct mount! same wit ek4.. [ori arm hav 1 hole only]

for U-bracket, i layer wit 15mm alum plet to gap it fr base!

pic 1 fr my so4
pic 2 & 3 fr ek9

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
ASR's rear lower frame brace is currently the hottest item out there, extremely popular in US until King Motorsports ( US Mugen master distributor ) is also selling 'em. It's expensive, but it
is good insurance, especially for touge and SIC.

shfish said:
Wow looks good man, did some research and most of them recomend just an additional metal plate bracket at the back of the existing U bracket to brace the chasis. BTW the ASR wil cost about USD256 a pop.

sasuke

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 23, 2004
shfish said:
Anybody has encountered problems when they install EK9 anti roll bar on a EJ 4 -door chasis where the EK9 anti roll bar is knocking against the back suspension lower arm after installation. Please advise.
I'm quite sure ur EK9 antiroll has been installed up side down. It should be in "M" position instead of "W". Hope u get wat i meant. I've this problem b4 bcoz the exhaust workshop want to prevent the antiroll bar block the exhaust. After I switch back the normal possition it is OK now. U might need to modify ur exhaust piping for tat. One more possible reason, are u sure it is EK9 antiroll bar? DC2 antiroll bar will have knocking sound if installed on EK also.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Nope, sorry. You have to order 'em from the Stateside yourself. But if you have the cash and your car is touge and SIC - driven, this is one heck of a good upgrade + EK9 rear ARB + adjustable Helm - links. Don't forget lightweight rear lower control arms as well! One thing to remember, huge dampers might touch these EK9 ARB's, and you might have to reroute your exhaust piping...

JINEIL2EN said:
any dealer in Malaysia..???

DuKe

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
ep0
Visit site
sasuke said:
I'm quite sure ur EK9 antiroll has been installed up side down. It should be in "M" position instead of "W". Hope u get wat i meant. I've this problem b4 bcoz the exhaust workshop want to prevent the antiroll bar block the exhaust. After I switch back the normal possition it is OK now. U might need to modify ur exhaust piping for tat. One more possible reason, are u sure it is EK9 antiroll bar? DC2 antiroll bar will have knocking sound if installed on EK also.
sry out of topic but its ok to use dc2 arb on an eg rite??...it fits well wif the eg6 arm

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi, i decided to post after hearing that 2 friends had their cars broken into while having supper in SS2.

First incident occurred last weekend near SS2 Murni restaurant - passenger window smashed, laptop and bag stolen.

Latest incident happened Monday night where my friend parked her car near the SS2 (seapark) police station - again, passenger window (which is tinted) smashed, branded bag was stolen. the keyhole of the car's boot was also tampered with but they were unable to break...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience