Effect from oil additive

autolover

Feb 26, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video ... without adding anything, the additive works.

And now my feelings about it, car worked at idle around 17-20 minutes, I drove... and didn’t understand anything, although in the manual says about 150 km, like after those km miracle starts)) But then, in the city, on the road to the district, I had imbedded and then I shot! not a turbo, but car got fast! and was so pleasant to hear the roar of the new car, the roar of the engine ... 4 cylinder engine
Drove not much, just 60-70 km, but there is an effect, I tell ya there is!,,,
That was the photo from the phone about filling in the oil an additive (no, surely comments are welcome, the car is old (8 years will be), I think it wouldn’t be worse) and it didn’t get worse! For real the car is working! It was working before for sure but the car got through all experiments and got much better after adding that oil additive.
Peace for everyone!:proud:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I can't decide if you have really poor english or you're a script bot that's randomly generating words that seemingly make sense to create a meshed up paragraph.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
So what does the additive provide anyway?
I mean on product description wise it must had a certain level of detail, and the product name?
As much as you written there wasn't any fact elaborated properly.
If you are not keen on sharing information properly, this thread is not going anywhere meaningful.

autolover

Feb 26, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
It promises to solve all problems with the engine like:
-prevents wear and tear
-reduces oil burning
-improves compression
-creates porous structure on in friction zones and keep oil
-reduces the concentrate of carbon oxide

as I have a very old car I had problems like engine noise, my car spent too much oil all the time, I was afraid I had to pay sh*tloads of money for repair but decided to test that method. and as I wrote I felt that the engine started working smoothier, the noise was gone after some time, can't measure right now if it reduced oil loss but after some time can give that result

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Some additives and solutions are life savers, I am a fan of credible off the shelf bottled products, like those sold in Ace Hardware stores.
Although additives are best reserved for older cars, they also tend to shine more on old engines than new.
There are many scam products out there so one needs to be careful.

Tufoil is one my favourites. In my previous 1989 BMW E30 and E34 525i that had the 12V 6 cylinder M20 engine were infamous for its dreaded tappet sound. Tufoil did significantly reduce the noise and also added some silkiness to the engine.

Radiator stop leak products also work like a charm for temporary radiator / coolant plumbing leaks. For when you need time to source for replacement coolant system parts.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some additives and solutions are life savers, I am a fan of credible off the shelf bottled products, like those sold in Ace Hardware stores.
Although additives are best reserved for older cars, they also tend to shine more on old engines than new.
There are many scam products out there so one needs to be careful.

Tufoil is one my favourites. In my previous 1989 BMW E30 and E34 525i that had the 12V 6 cylinder M20 engine were infamous for its dreaded tappet sound. Tufoil did significantly reduce the noise and also added some silkiness to the engine.

Radiator stop leak products also work like a charm for temporary radiator / coolant plumbing leaks. For when you need time to source for replacement coolant system parts.
The difficult thing about these products is if it's a scam, you won't know it until it's too late already and the damage is done.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But some products have only slight benefit, so you have to weigh the product cost too, whether worth to use or not as some additives are really costly....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I very rarely use any additives coz of that, very skeptical of those things as many are just snake oil crap which is either not worth it, not working, or even harmful. The last time I used additives was trying some octane booster only and that was maybe over a year ago. For oil additive, I only used some product from Wynn's which is meant to further silence hydraulic lash adjusters/tappets on my old 4G63 & 4G93 engines which was like more than 8 yrs ago (forget already what was the exact product name). That one worked pretty well. Other than that IMHO, if the engine is still healthy, just use properly spec engine oil then follow proper maintenance, good enough.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As some have mentioned if the product is so good, oil manufacturer would have added it into their own blend......

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Yeah, definitely one might feel the difference on an old engine
At times, there won't be any difference at all but to really know whether it is cleaning as it was advertised, have to open up the engine to see which a lot of people don't bother

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't agree with additives. I only use additives if there's a problem with the car and I can't afford to fix it at that point of time. Like Lubeguard and the gearbox issues. Lubeguard seems to temporarily fix the problem so I don't have spend 10k repairing it. That kinda logic works for me. But if your car is perfectly healthy and you're using good oils, pouring in a 50 ringgit additive into your several hundred ringgit oil and expensive car just doesn't make any sense

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some additive gives result and can feel the engine smoothness after being added to the engine oil, But after a few hundred km, the additive would lose its positive effect. For that amount of money, I would do EARLY engine oil change and filter instead.

I completely agree with what bro 6uest said "The difficult thing about these products is if it's a scam, you won't know it until it's too late already and the damage is done".

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
some additive gives result and can feel the engine smoothness after being added to the engine oil, But after a few hundred km, the additive would lose its positive effect. For that amount of money, I would do EARLY engine oil change and filter instead.

I completely agree with what bro 6uest said "The difficult thing about these products is if it's a scam, you won't know it until it's too late already and the damage is done".
Maybe not loose it's positive effect but you have got used to it, just like after transplant engine transplant you feel the power surge, after a few months like not much power already.....hahhahahhaha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The additive properties probably wears off, or breaks down too after few 100k drive. Nothing last forever.

Add additive only IF needed. Donch itchy itchy hand.....heheheheh