Drove from Singapore to Batu Pahat while on 3rd Gear (IS200)

ZoomP

Feb 24, 2007
Hi guys,

In my stupidity, I may have driven my car in 3rd gear (over 1.5hr) while on NS highway yesterday. No wonder I was consider why my oil temp defi guage was rising towards 100C. In addition, engine was noisy at a higer RPM.

While I didn't realise I was on 3rd gear was mainly due to these two reasons: 1. has not driven to M'sia after I changed to Apexi Open Pod. Thought it was the Pod. 2. I have a full passenger load behind. Normally, it's just my wife and myself.

I only realised that I was on 3rd gear after trying to engine-brake when I reached my destination.

Drove the car today. Doesn't seem like the tranny is spoilt. Still have engine-break when I shift to 3rd gear. I drove all the way from Johor to Spore. Oil temp and RPM seemed normal.

Any suggestions? Good thing I got ATF cooler and my ATF and coolant were changed during my last servicing at 70K.

Should I change my ATF cooler again just be sure? Coming due for my 80K soon.
Thanks guys

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
ZoomP, u r funny lah. U got to teach me one day lah how to drive on 3rd gear all the way on the highway. U reminded me of my uncle whom was also driving on 3rd gear @ 110km/h from JB-Melaka...ehehe...so funny lah the way he told us his story. In my opinion...no need to change the coolant lah. BTW oil temp warning is at 120c...cho dun worry too much.

ZoomP

Feb 24, 2007
Haha.. does sound a bit stupid but it must be one of those days. I am usually very alert when driving. Just did my 80K today and got both engine and atf changed.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
you changed your engine?

ZoomP

Feb 24, 2007
Oops... meant to say got both engine oil and atf oil changed.

Btw, using Castrol Edge. Very smooth.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just happend to detail a couple of rides, yet to find time to write up
2nd day of the lunar new yr -
detail a 2 yrs old silver city 4.5g

managed to capture a glimpse of rare silover colouyr car 50/50 under sun light....usually too glaring for our naked eyes...many shop would walk away from it...cos swirls cant be seen on silver

to this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience