Drop-in Air Filter

wing

Nov 28, 2003

Any idea where I can get a drop-in air filter such as K&N for a Daihatsu L5 injection engine?

Can't find it in N1 and Speedworks.

zach

Feb 15, 2007
whats the difference between a drop in air filter and other air filters?

drop-in filter means direct replacement for ur original filter.... means it uses back ur original airbox...

nope, dunno where to get K&N for a Daihatsu L5 injection engine... sorry bro...

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
if u can't find it at N1, then i think it would be harder 2 find it at any other places... u should try eneos centre at 1 utama... maybe they'd have. but it'll coz u a lot more expensive. i think u should just go for open-pod k&n filters... eneos having promotion also...
drop-in air filter is the 1 u can replace oem filter with. designed with a specific shape n size 2 suit ur straight-from-factory airbox. open-pod requires a piping that connects 2 ur throttle body, replacing the airbox.
studies show that open-pod air filters improve more air induction than drop-ins, thus more horsepower. more surface area 2 volume ratio means more air can be induced!
gd luck in finding the filters! happy chinese new year!

zach

Feb 15, 2007
more air requires a better filter right? what if more resedue gets into your engine eventho u get more horsepower?

praetorian

May 27, 2004
but only in the higher rev range, as the stock filter can't flow enough after a certain RPM.
in the lower revs (up to about 5k rpm the all flow the same
the drop in can flow more than stock, but open pods flow higher than drop ins,
however, open pods without proper heat shielding can lose power due higher inlet air temps.
try looking for Ah Tee of Multi Dynamics, in PJ.
PM me if you need his contact

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
true, but k&n filters come equiped with oil charger, which functions 2 trap all residues n dirts... it's filter elements filter way better than stock filters do, at the same time let max air thru...
its true what praetorian said, without proper shielding heat can rob away power... i recommend that if u wanna proceed with the step, do it properly! for every 10*C rise in intake temp., 1 horsepower is loss!

WestCoast

Mar 26, 2006
hello there..may i ask if wana do a customize air box wat material suits most?
im using some kinda besi putih but when running long it is very hot lor maybe will effect my engine performance too.so wana knw wat material is recommanded to make a custom air box

kurz

Oct 10, 2006
true, but k&n filters come equiped with oil charger, which functions 2 trap all residues n dirts... it's filter elements filter way better than stock filters do, at the same time let max air thru...
its true what praetorian said, without proper shielding heat can rob away power... i recommend that if u wanna proceed with the step, do it properly! for every 10*C rise in intake temp., 1 horsepower is loss!
lets say i wanna take open pod filter at eneos..wont they do all the settings for us? cuz they shud know wuts da best right?
btw is the offer on open pod still on there?

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
i'm not quite sure of what u meant by 'settings'... they do offer proper installation. this includes proper piping and shielding setup... changing to a performance filter doesn't usually affect in any mis-signalling by the airflow sensor to ur ecu... so not 2 worry, no 'setting' required...
i went 2 eneos last tuesday, n if i'm not mistaken, the offer was still there. but its best 2 just give em a call 1st, for inquiries..

kennyyee75

Dec 22, 2004
the promotion last day is 19th february, which is tomolo......go! go! go!

kurz

Oct 10, 2006
ok i dunno wut word to use other than setting..haha
so wut i meant was proper installation..
thanx for the info..
neway i saw da price..for kelisa open pod+adapter+installation = rm390.
is that ok? or u can get cheaper somewhere else..
hope reply fast as da sale ends tomoro :regular_smile:

zach

Feb 15, 2007
eneos doesnt do shielding for open port air filters. i just installed an open port air filter with the shield because they dont do it. where can i get the shield?

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
oopss! my bad! got mixed up...
if u're in pj area, speedworks... if u're near setapak, initial d. if kepong, rs one. definitely they offer!

zach

Feb 15, 2007
wher is rs one exactly? and what material do they use?

The Basics: New Nissan Latio

The All new Nissan Latio - life’s little luxuries

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) announced the launching of the all-new Nissan Latio & Latio Sport. The Latio mid-size sedan will be offered in both 1.8-litre and 1.6-litre engine variants; whereas the Latio Sport, the...