Drilling Hole on Disc Brake

AhLun

Known Member
Anybody got DIY drilling hole on disc brake before?? LIke those Brembo type. Got many holes on the disc brake. Will this shorten the disc brake life span?

adviced do not do that..
if done it u, the brake pad will finish faster.
better get some advice from pro. b4 do anything as previously i have heard from my fren saying that if u drill hole on dics without proper calculation, ur brake will be worst that ori. some more is if want to skim it.. very hard..
good luck..

bein using fer 2 years edi no such problem
didnt DIy just sent to the shop n do it.....
yes brake pad lifespan is shorten but the brake power superb...

malyadayada,
are you sure that the braking power has increased or are you in denial that your statement is exaggerated? heheh.

but seriously, if you plan to DIY something to cool your brakes, your money should be spent on buying some 3 inch/2 inch in diameter hoses and route them from your front bumper (most likely where your spot lights have been) and place them behind the steel plate located on the inner side of your disc brake assembly.

drilled rotor help in cooling down your rotor faster hence brake pad won't overheat

If you don't have machine to do or just thinking to use the normal drill i suggest you NOT to do it. Check in google you see what ppl said. your rotor will crack so do your brake pad = no brake very dangerous..

whatdamn said:
malyadayada,
are you sure that the braking power has increased or are you in denial that your statement is exaggerated? heheh.

but seriously, if you plan to DIY something to cool your brakes, your money should be spent on buying some 3 inch/2 inch in diameter hoses and route them from your front bumper (most likely where your spot lights have been) and place them behind the steel plate located on the inner side of your disc brake assembly.

yup my braking power increased, come n test ......hehehhhehe:regular_smile:
hey nice DIY that's a gud way.....

malyadayada,
mmm, i'm pretty sure it'd be better with mintex m1144 pads! haha.

basic mod la that one. no frills. just need to know how to use cable ties (no brainer). though you might need to go under your car to route the hoses. make things easier.

AhLun said:
Anybody got DIY drilling hole on disc brake before?? LIke those Brembo type. Got many holes on the disc brake. Will this shorten the disc brake life span?

wat car r u driving bro?? get brembo max .. damn superb..!!! hehehee

g88 said:
drilled rotor help in cooling down your rotor faster hence brake pad won't overheat

If you don't have machine to do or just thinking to use the normal drill i suggest you NOT to do it. Check in google you see what ppl said. your rotor will crack so do your brake pad = no brake very dangerous..
Ya.. i also thought about this before..whether the disc rotor will crack or not. I think better stick a OEM is the best.

get a better brake pad, brake pump and brake hose (if budget constraint ex: brembo system brake set, etc) should be better than OEM setup..

are u sure ur braking power can increase by drilling a few holes.. i mean if u say it doesn't fade so much maybe i believe.. but less surface area normally means less friction force

Top Bottom