Drilling Hole on Disc Brake

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
Anybody got DIY drilling hole on disc brake before?? LIke those Brembo type. Got many holes on the disc brake. Will this shorten the disc brake life span?

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
Dont have any shifu know about this??:cry_smile:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
adviced do not do that..
if done it u, the brake pad will finish faster.
better get some advice from pro. b4 do anything as previously i have heard from my fren saying that if u drill hole on dics without proper calculation, ur brake will be worst that ori. some more is if want to skim it.. very hard..
good luck..

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
malyadayada,
are you sure that the braking power has increased or are you in denial that your statement is exaggerated? heheh.

but seriously, if you plan to DIY something to cool your brakes, your money should be spent on buying some 3 inch/2 inch in diameter hoses and route them from your front bumper (most likely where your spot lights have been) and place them behind the steel plate located on the inner side of your disc brake assembly.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
drilled rotor help in cooling down your rotor faster hence brake pad won't overheat

If you don't have machine to do or just thinking to use the normal drill i suggest you NOT to do it. Check in google you see what ppl said. your rotor will crack so do your brake pad = no brake very dangerous..

malyadayada

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
whatdamn said:
malyadayada,
are you sure that the braking power has increased or are you in denial that your statement is exaggerated? heheh.

but seriously, if you plan to DIY something to cool your brakes, your money should be spent on buying some 3 inch/2 inch in diameter hoses and route them from your front bumper (most likely where your spot lights have been) and place them behind the steel plate located on the inner side of your disc brake assembly.

yup my braking power increased, come n test ......hehehhhehe:regular_smile:
hey nice DIY that's a gud way.....

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
malyadayada,
mmm, i'm pretty sure it'd be better with mintex m1144 pads! haha.

basic mod la that one. no frills. just need to know how to use cable ties (no brainer). though you might need to go under your car to route the hoses. make things easier.

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
AhLun said:
Anybody got DIY drilling hole on disc brake before?? LIke those Brembo type. Got many holes on the disc brake. Will this shorten the disc brake life span?
wat car r u driving bro?? get brembo max .. damn superb..!!! hehehee

AhLun

Known Member
May 8, 2005
JB
g88 said:
drilled rotor help in cooling down your rotor faster hence brake pad won't overheat

If you don't have machine to do or just thinking to use the normal drill i suggest you NOT to do it. Check in google you see what ppl said. your rotor will crack so do your brake pad = no brake very dangerous..
Ya.. i also thought about this before..whether the disc rotor will crack or not. I think better stick a OEM is the best.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
get a better brake pad, brake pump and brake hose (if budget constraint ex: brembo system brake set, etc) should be better than OEM setup..

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
are u sure ur braking power can increase by drilling a few holes.. i mean if u say it doesn't fade so much maybe i believe.. but less surface area normally means less friction force