"DON'T" on track day

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
can i add 1 more?know d limits of ur car.like wat happened during d 15th Nov track day whr a blue Honda Civic EG6 blew his engine ard T5 n white smoke was basically masking everybody's vision.dangerous!n i dun even know if d blown engine left any oil on track!y i say know d limits of one's car is coz i kinda heard wat d owner dis...he is running basically a stock B16A n he rev til 10,000km just cox it's FUN!in d end,menyusahkan other ppl oso,right?
just sharing wat i heard.no offence 2 d EG6's owner if ur reading dis.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to blow up their engine at the tracks... the purpose of track days is to test the limit of your vehicle actually.. so not point going soft on your engine and just apply 50% throttle at the tracks... rite?

I blew my motor in Sepang b4 due to overboosting.. straight away I drove my car on to the side grass... therefore keeping minimal oil spills at the tracks. Eventually red flag was up because of this... but please understand.. it's not inconsiderate of me.. but being considerate of what you are suppose to do in the event of such accidents.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
ftzone,
d reason y i posted wat i posted is coz THAT EG6 owner come frm d same workshop whr i do my car......n it's d regulars der who heard him saying so..he purposely whack till dat rpm range just coz it's fun n his chipped ECU allows him 2 do so.......but since his engine is relatively stock,only w d usual IHE mods...der's really no point to go even 9000rpm..wat more 10,000rpm?
ok,fine..i agree w ur point abt testing d limits of one's car on track..but haf u seen d video?he drove all d way frm T5 whr his car was already spewing lotsa white smoke all thru T7&8 b4 d video ended...so i dun really know how far he drove...but dat is really a "DON'T" if u ask me....

Last edited:

kl_akdreams

Jun 28, 2009
I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to blow up their engine at the tracks... the purpose of track days is to test the limit of your vehicle actually.. so not point going soft on your engine and just apply 50% throttle at the tracks... rite?

I blew my motor in Sepang b4 due to overboosting.. straight away I drove my car on to the side grass... therefore keeping minimal oil spills at the tracks. Eventually red flag was up because of this... but please understand.. it's not inconsiderate of me.. but being considerate of what you are suppose to do in the event of such accidents.
ftzone,
d reason y i posted wat i posted is coz THAT EG6 owner come frm d same workshop whr i do my car......n it's d regulars der who heard him saying so..he purposely whack till dat rpm range just coz it's fun n his chipped ECU allows him 2 do so.......but since his engine is relatively stock,only w d usual IHE mods...der's really no point to go even 9000rpm..wat more 10,000rpm?
ok,fine..i agree w ur point abt testing d limits of one's car on track..but haf u seen d video?he drove all d way frm T5 whr his car was already spewing lotsa white smoke all thru T7&8 b4 d video ended...so i dun really know how far he drove...but dat is really a "DON'T" if u ask me....
conclusion: stop your car as soon as possible on the side (preferable a safe place) if its start smoking and wait for the marshal.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
I think generally most drivers are quite considerate and respectful. Sometimes ppl don't understand the finger out the window asking them to pass me but that's ok. I just slow down and / or go off the line.

My personal pet peeve is those POSERs who park their AWESOME rides in the pits but never go out. What gives? Living out your FnF fantasies? Pathetic. Go and park outside Euphoria or something la.

Have to say though, SG drivers are as a whole a lot more courteous than M'sian ones.

SnooPDoGGY

1,500 RPM
Mar 23, 2005
TwoForties
Visit site
Dont Floor ur gas pedal from pit to track entrance...

come on man... floor ur pedal inside the track la... not inside pit lane...

miahahahahahahahhahahaha...

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
"My personal pet peeve is those POSERs who park their AWESOME rides in the pits but never go out. What gives? Living out your FnF fantasies? Pathetic. Go and park outside Euphoria or something la" --- wkwoo69.

Agree w/ u on this.... but who let them into the pit parking area in the 1st place???

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Dont Floor ur gas pedal from pit to track entrance...

come on man... floor ur pedal inside the track la... not inside pit lane...

miahahahahahahahhahahaha...
EXACTLY....n also revving til d kingdom comes in d pit itself!sum1 was doin it during d 29th Nov track day....really pissed off alot of ppl..n served him right.heard he din even manage 2 make it onto d track..engine blew....

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Track cars....please be considerate/mindful to the road cars, yes....most of us are slower than you & yes....most of us dont have as much experience as you...but we're all sharing the track
...theres no 1st place on track days......we love our cars, please don't hentam us....:biggrin:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
aalto,
allow me 2 add 2 ur post...well,if u ask me,most of d time,trac car drivers r an ok lot...coz i think they do remember their own humble beginnig too,just like us...enjoying open track days w street driven cars......but thn again,of course,in d course of time...some of dis track car drivers think they r now so good dat they r a few rungs above ur mere mortals dat they dun gif a *toot* abt us anymore...whnever any street car is in their way,all they 1na do is push u off d racing line n get on w his/her session......
i mean,come on..it's an OPEN TRACK DAY 4 goodness sake...if he/she is doin dat during sum track car only practise session,OR during competition,by all means,go ahead..do wat u gotta do & try 2 win....but OPEN track day?
i had a bad experience myself whr my car was knock frm d left hand side in T9 causing my rear left fender dented(track kakis can imagine who's @ fault her,right?)........tho i was 2 blame myself coz dis happened after d chequered flag.i saw dis particular LCLY track car gunning 4 it,so i went oso lar..i was abt 6-7 cars behind him whn i floored it....overtook him after T4(i think)...thn saw a fren approaching T9...i slowed down 2 wave @ him n dis is whn d crackpot hit my car frm rear left!n worst part is......he wasn't even sorry abt it n sed it's ok wat 2 hit hit abit in track?i was like WTF?dis type of jackarse do not deserve 2 drive if u ask me!

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Akuma,

From my experience usually track cars drivers go "jackass" when they get overtaken by a streetcar....I mean is it our fault that your slow??.....then they try to chase you back "at all cost"....

There are alot of respected track car drivers that do have a "pro-driver mentality"......it's just that there are a few that have a "I have a track car so I'm better than you" mentality that gives others a bad name....

Last edited:

civic8887

Mar 17, 2006
aalto, i totally agreed with u......

come on, to those track car racer, lets give everyone equal chance to enjoy racing aroud the track. bare in mind, in OTD, "winning" is out of the story, "enjoying" is the top priority, CHEERSSSSS

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i usually can overtake a 1600cc track car on straight line but murdered everytime when comes to corner!!! heh! heh!

it's like i have 9 lives u only have one heh heh!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
aalto,
come 2 think abt it,i can't agree more w u...coz i PERSONALLY know a certain jackass who acts like dat..just coz he got a track Satria GTi n he has raced in d 1000km Race,he think he's better thn any of us..once a fellow workshop patron caught him saying dis,"Kita x main itu open track day punya.kita mau race mesti terus masuk sanctioned race punya.itu track day budak kecik sj yg main"...sumthg in dis context lar......but during d FINAL OTD in 2009,i saw his car on track.....MALU siot!i tot he sed BUDAK2 only play open track day?kekekekkek

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
aalto,
come 2 think abt it,i can't agree more w u...coz i PERSONALLY know a certain jackass who acts like dat..just coz he got a track Satria GTi n he has raced in d 1000km Race,he think he's better thn any of us..once a fellow workshop patron caught him saying dis,"Kita x main itu open track day punya.kita mau race mesti terus masuk sanctioned race punya.itu track day budak kecik sj yg main"...sumthg in dis context lar......but during d FINAL OTD in 2009,i saw his car on track.....MALU siot!i tot he sed BUDAK2 only play open track day?kekekekkek

fscheon

Known Member
Apr 27, 2006
i still rmr there was one time first few event for HPC, some of the vios driver reverse in from the pit exit....i was like WTF sia.....can't they just make another slow lap to cool down the car & get into the pit......wtf wrong with them.......if they can't obey this thing this also indirectly means they do frequently obstruct the traffic law by going other way round hahaha =D please la "Don't reverse in, if you miss your pit entrance , do another slow lap & get into pit again la.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

looking familiar

yes my nissan 2face

it has been 7 months since i own her, brought her over from my good buddy, who's wife has been using since she started college opteen years ago...
i felt in love with her, when i restore last year....

but i just discover.....something today

i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience