DIY sleepy headlight

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
found it at another forum through sites...interesting....FYI

First take the length and width dimensions of the part of the headlight u want to cover. then just take some sheetmetal, and cut out 2 pieces.

Then bend over one edge, so you'll get a nice clean side at the bottom in the end.

Next u just start bending it into shape so it wil fit your hood, and wont hit your headlight, and it'll line up right with the hood between the headlights.

Next u just start welding it, little by little so your hood wont bulge because of the heat

We put a little piece of plate in the upper left corner of this pic, so when done it matches the stock shape of the bumper.

Then just grind it smooth.

Seal of the inside, so corrosion does not have a chance to appear

Done, on it's way to the paintshop...

And the result in the end.... i think it looks very good if i may say so myself...
Notice the shape of the upstanding part of bumper between the headlights matches up with the hood... like it's oem...

this one on crx...maybe can be done on others model....just to get rough idea

:D

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by ky_fei@Mar 6 2005, 01:26
can any1 tell me izzit steel the fella is usin ? any other material that can be used ? any diy tai kor can help ??
should be stainless steel if i'm not wrong

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you recommend getting the dongle which you plug in inside your car so you can surf the net while inside the car? Is it worth it?

One more: I am planning to "Ubah" my Astro to Unifi TV. I am beginning to hate Astro. Can someone give me feedback such as quality of programmes, cost and service? I like watching comedies, drama and animal shows.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience