Diy Plexiglass HU Compartment with LED

siong

Nov 14, 2005
hey bro.. that was cool!!!! haha!!! but too bad i don hav that compartment in my car

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
thanx...

well many things can be customised... depends on how much effort u wanto put in... anyway mayb my DIY can give u inspiration towards other DIY ideas related to it...:shades_smile:

siong

Nov 14, 2005
bro.. u are so creative i shud say.. i saw ur page.. full of DIYs.. so envy!!

kruger

Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
khguan... where do you get those plexi glass??? and one more thing, how do bend it ha??? use some heat from hair dryer can ke???

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
those plexiglass are also known as Perspex or acrylic... they can be obtained from advertising board shop....

for de HU compartment thing.. i din bend it... just cut n stick...

to bend acrylic... u need to heat it up with a hot air gun or a torch... a hair dryer's heat is not enough.... when it is heated up it will become soft... bend it with a metal ruler n let it cool to take de new shape...

riq

Nov 22, 2005
Bro, for how much RM you would like to sell it? With & without those LEDs. I want to DIY it, but really don’t have time laa…TQ!

kruger

Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
khguan said:
those plexiglass are also known as Perspex or acrylic... they can be obtained from advertising board shop....

for de HU compartment thing.. i din bend it... just cut n stick...

to bend acrylic... u need to heat it up with a hot air gun or a torch... a hair dryer's heat is not enough.... when it is heated up it will become soft... bend it with a metal ruler n let it cool to take de new shape...
oh... i see... thanks for the info....:_:

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
wah khguan... nice DIY in ur website.... :cyclops:

i was lookin at ur KW cleaning/oil for ur K&N airfilter...

the KW oil/cleaner good ar? U sure its suitable to use for K&N air filter?

scared it wun clean/oil as good as the Original K&N cleaner/oil ... price so much diff ...

how come after u oil with the KW brand ady ur air filter look so black wan ?

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
acbc,
i duno bout PJ... just look for shop dat make advertising board or dealing with acrylics...

riq,
sorry bro.. i dun make it for sale.. just share de idea with u guys... if wihout LEDs... u can buy those ready made from audio shop... or accessory shop... black in color... around RM25 if not mistaken

kruger,
welcome :)

nitrus,
those filter cleaning kit n reoil kit are same stuff as K&N.... diff brand only... in fact u can use dish washing liquid to wash ur filter... de purpose of washing liquid is to dissolve de oil n dirt..... so no prob...

my filter look so dark bcos of camera settings n lighting conditions... wat u c in pic is not wat u c exactly in real world...

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
khguan said:
nitrus,
those filter cleaning kit n reoil kit are same stuff as K&N.... diff brand only... in fact u can use dish washing liquid to wash ur filter... de purpose of washing liquid is to dissolve de oil n dirt..... so no prob...

my filter look so dark bcos of camera settings n lighting conditions... wat u c in pic is not wat u c exactly in real world...
oooo k k... then why K&N oiling/cleaning kit sell for so expensive..? :hmmmm:

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... IMO... they have better packaging, bigger bottles with more amount of liquid.... mayb imported.. n most important the BRAND... where it is sold n targeted on some portion of de market... dat all make up de price....

compared to KW... normal packaging... locally made... smaller bottles... less known to ppl... n sold at kedai abang...

dats y lo...

anyway off topic already... we can discuss this in my Filter cleaning thread... try search de old therad in this DIY section...

riq

Nov 22, 2005
bro...

thank for inspiring me...i manage to DIY that console last saturday...
with cost aroung RM15...very satisfied with it...95% perfect for my eyes...hehe

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
wow...look like luxury car centre console compartment man...thumbs up for you~!!
ppl buy outside like rm300(if can find will be that price),u diy less than rm100...this guy really know how to save money....

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
RM300??!! sure or not??

well in fact i made this thing from scrap plexiglass (4mm thick)... i only bought the glue to stick them together...

if wanto count everything... de material alone cost less than rm20... wats expensive here is the workmanship....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
looking at quality or the finished product....its expensive ma...like u sed just raw materials is cheap.and whats expensive is the workmanship and the idea.it pays to have good ideas.