DIY heatshield...

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
duno where is the old topic went...so i just repost to share with u guys about my DIY heatshield just completed today.....

i took some plannings on cardboard before transfer the actual measurements to the paper and lastly draw it on aluminium sheets and cut + rivets them to shape....and lastly insulate it with superlon i had....

pics :

what do u guys think ? more to improve ? will it work well ?

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Dude,
Just want to ask a noob question... if make Heatshield, no need to do CAI kah ??
Pls excuse me if the question sounds lame.... soli :ph34r:

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
haiya....sure got CAI la...i havent install this heatshield yet...complete it n put aside while waiting to do CAI before use this heatshield....

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
errr one more noob question, where can i get superlon ? hardware shop got ka ? what words should i tell them...i assume they dunno superlon

or...this superlon is the same material use as aircond pipe wrap ? but the wrap usually just like pipe in shape..not piece by piece like that

ermm...u seems like more advance than others that only use zink/aluminium heat shield un-protected with insulator..congrats

p/s: that heatshield not cover the whole air filter la dude...the heat from engine bay may enter the heat shield via the uncovered part

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
u can ask stanley abou the superlon...i got it from him....easy enuf n doesnt cost a bomb....

btw....the bonnet of my car will cover the top part of the heatshield as i also had superlon up my bonnet....so my bonnet acts like a cover too....

i hope it will do its job at its best after i install it....mabby can improve it later on by making a new one....or extend it to be longer :P

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
good stuff anion!

good enuf la, guess the hot air won't really mix much with the air at your air filter area much now...

but with a CAI, it's a good combination. and i think it would be ideal, looks abit stuck for new air to come in...

but difference matters... any differences so far?

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Now you dont hv CAI pipe ah? so engine are sucking limited air loh... better find a good spot to lead the cold air in....
well done anion.... i really like your design....
wat is ur ride? really got a lot of space to put ur filter ah....

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
thanks everyone.....

i havent use this heatshield yet....coz still waiting to get the CAI done....so i completed the heatshield , test fit it , took it out and put aside....

well....the onli hole on the fender side which will be the air inlet is at the point where the tip of the air filter is pointing.....can c from pic 2....see a bunch of wrapped wire ? thats the hole there.....

tykoh...my ride ar ? check my sig....its a charade aura.....dat space is for the airbox wan.....changed to open pod dats y got space....

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
oic... my iswara is carb one...so got to buy the ram pipe and install it... i just extend it a bit so it is nicely put on top of my CAI pipe...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
oh anion,

you are the one looking for the CAI pipe? I'll get it a.s.a.p. and pass to canken.

by the way, you another half must be cation lor..? :P

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
lolz.....anyway....i found some CAI pipes.....

will go to check it out tomoro....mabby its cheap....coz da fella says dat they have many types and qualities and varies on the prices.....and the fella who says that is my gf's bro....ahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
Well, I'm modifying my polo, its an X reg (2000 model) very nice car, blue coloured and a 1.4 ltr. Its a very quick car. I've decided to get tinted windows, alloys, exhaust, sound system. Get the car lowered and debadge it. What exhaust would be best? I want something on the low price side but which sounds brill!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience