diy audio system

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
i have one cd/mp3/vcd player...taken out from my old car....
now im driving gen2 which have ready made radio...
now the problem is....

can i make another connection to make double radio...u know wut i mean!!!
so i can enjoy with my mp3 player....any suggestion?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
if ur gen2 has a cassete player... then u can just get an audio signal to cassette converter from electronic shop so dat u play ur MP3 player's sound signal through ur gen2 stock cassette player...

get wat i mean?

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
im using cd player......
what i want to know that......
can i put 2 audio player in my car?
n what style of wiyering(i dont know how to spell it) do i have to do?an.....u r diy master.........know it?

azhargoth

Feb 8, 2006
www.jdmcivic.com
yup u can..i did once for my satria long2 time ago (1 cassete (stock one) and 1 single disc..)...dat time got no mp3...anyway..u need a pre-amp..so the selector switch at the pre-amp..can make u decide which player u want to use..

rgds,,

Last edited:

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
have seen my fren do that before....he is remaining the stock cassette player (normally can be installed cd charger), and installed a cd player attach the output to the cassette player cd changer inpu to play cd.....then he no need to install a preamp already.......

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
have seen my fren do that before....he is remaining the stock cassette player (normally can be installed cd charger), and installed a cd player attach the output to the cassette player cd changer inpu to play cd.....then he no need to install a preamp already.......

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
is it wiring direct to the speaker cable or must be attach with the player....for example,my audio set have an aux input,then what should i do?

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
mivecmerah said:
is it wiring direct to the speaker cable or must be attach with the player....for example,my audio set have an aux input,then what should i do?
not really get what u mean.....i think u can get thousand of reply if u post in ICE thread...there are a lot of expert to help u.....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
:Originally Posted by mat_rad
must have power amp 1st before install pre amp rite??

ksgoh said:
not really.....
erm yes u must have power amp la. Pre amp output is much too low to direct connect to speakers.

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
trex92 said:
:Originally Posted by mat_rad
must have power amp 1st before install pre amp rite??

erm yes u must have power amp la. Pre amp output is much too low to direct connect to speakers.
my fren's speaker is still working on that design....of course he is not for 'booming" music....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ksgoh said:
my fren's speaker is still working on that design....of course he is not for 'booming" music....
i think u r mistaken. Ur fren must be using a normal EQ instead of a preamp kind. Preamp inputs and outputs are very very small and if u were to connect to a small speaker also there would be no sound generated. As amplification (either thru the HU or amplifier) distorts the sound quality if using a normal EQ thats why true audio enthusiasts opt for preamp as its functions are to adjust the sound graph (low, mid and high band) before amplification so there would be minimal distortion of sound quality and hence require an amplifier.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Frends and Sifu's please guide me on this...

SATRIA 1.3 Old met an accident with Citroen... kind a heavy accident also... Radiotar and my left fender and light is gone.

after several week i found that the Drive Shaft was giving noise.. and its come out (drve Shaft) at the round a bout at LCCT. n i towed the car back to mechanic... he found that my body alignment is crooked abit and he adjusted sumthing (not very sure) then he fixed the Drive shaft. Everything look fine.. but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience