Dimming Lights

kayef

Mar 2, 2004
anyone know how to make the light inside ur car dim slowly??as in when u off it or close the door the light slowly fades away and not suddenly jus switch off.....any idea??

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
if u change that florecent one round one many ppl fix on their car..then u can use a commercial dimmer..my family shop got sell..

if u wan auto fade...ask khai the electronic sifu :lol:

kayef

Mar 2, 2004
yeah....i using the round one....white light like those house wan.....how much the thing u mention??easy to fix onot??

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
called dimmer
not sure but wont be very very exspensive maybe less than rm15

i guess can fix coz same theory but u need turn the bolt to dim the light..automatic i dunno lorr..
try see other sifu oppinon

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by escaflowne@May 25 2004, 02:03 AM
called dimmer
not sure but wont be very very exspensive maybe less than rm15

i guess can fix coz same theory but u need turn the bolt to dim the light..automatic i dunno lorr..
try see other sifu oppinon
by right when the door shut, the theory should be the same as turning the light off manually mah...

how to install???

tiny_fai

Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by kayef@May 25 2004, 01:25 AM
anyone know how to make the light inside ur car dim slowly??as in when u off it or close the door the light slowly fades away and not suddenly jus switch off.....any idea??
the light u saying normally available at those big car like lexus,bmw
try to ask around acc shop
they might help u

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
how about add a capacitor ??

kayef

Mar 2, 2004
yeah.....those like BMW wan.....slowly can dim down!!

i also thought of adding capacitor but still thinking wanna connect parellel or series and wat value capacitor to use......i dowan to get anything on fire la

i tried before simply connect stuff in lab then the capacitor blow!!! tats y don dare to simply play alre.....if got ppl do b4 hope can learn to do it the correct way ma

e_ti

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
those round thingy not flouresent light?
flouresent light canot dim rite?

khaixtreme

Known Member
Mar 28, 2004
hahaa.. nv tot of this thing also... capacitor might work... nola nola. should work... if not wat else???

if adding capacitor... should be parallel to it.... voltage is double ur working voltage.... 12V means u got to get more than 24V or slightly less.... Then lastly.... get very big capacitance for longer delay time..... hehehe.....

khaixtreme

Known Member
Mar 28, 2004
supposingly fluroscent kenot dim.... i mean the house one kenot dim.... cause they're using starter and ballast to make the tube glow. But wat confuse me is... those car one can dim a little... if u notice... it will dim one but for very slight interval...

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
auto dimmer when closing the door?
camry has this feature too...even my civic also has wor...i really have no idea...might be the previous owner mod the circuit of stuffs la...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ahhaha :P lolz, seen this on a spectra also, normally flourencent lights cannot lor, those normal bulbs should be able to larr, cause flourencent normally is either on or off, no inbetween wan, lolz. i also never think of this larr, ehehehehe, so i think i shall try it one day, just add capasitor across rite?