Determining EK3 (D15B with VTEC)

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
hi all!

new here and quite a noob about honda cars :)
atm i am looking for a 2nd hand civic.. i found one civic EK3.. when i first saw the car i knew there is something special about it :D peek thru the window i saw blue meter cluster, auto tranny but with E/S switch.. all stock, and it is JDM.. then I asked the salesgirl to open the bonnet and dissapointed because no VTEC wording on the engine cover, only big HONDA. then go back and read about the D15B multi-matic article on asia.vtec.net, the EK3 is actually a SOHC VTEC but without the wording. So how can I make sure that the engine is a VTEC, other than looking at the two selonoids? as long as it is JDM with multi-matic it is VTEC? the price of the car is 60k.. low mileage but the windscreen had a small crack on it.. worth the buy? the price is a bit steep IMO. but i dont have much choice because my dad insist me on getting an imported one..

also looking for 99 civic but very hard to find one.. any 2nd hand shops that you guys can recommend in pj area?

oh btw EK3 is 96 right?

thanks!

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
60k? what's the year? any accessories included/mods? if it ain;t 99 model, i think that's quite on the steep side.

EK3 is from late 1995-2000....95-98 is coded by E-EK3, 99-00 is GF-EK3

VTEC EK3's is designated by Vi & VTi (sedan & hatchback). Ri & Mi is non-VTEC. there's no VTEC word on the valve cover tho, even if it's the VTEC version...

hope it helps :)

fandango

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
FWIW I bought my E-EK3 Vi 95/98 for 52.7k last Oct 2003. I would dearly LOVE to get a 99-00 model, but I hear they are quite rare in West Malaysia. Maybe East Malaysia have more choices?

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
the mileage is very low at 66k considering its age.. the SA told me that the car is manufactured yr 99 but i dont belip her because it doesnt look like a 99 model esp the tail light. car is stock, no mods at all.. if im not mistaken it is Vi model.

99 model is kinda hard to find.. maybe the owners love to keep em! IMO 99 is the best looking civic :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all zth members.. do anyone know how to diy led tail lamp.. can do huh??? im usin kelisa.. Or is there any shop can do it..??:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience