Desperateeely need help with footwell/interior neons

ClArKy12345

May 15, 2009
hi guys, this is my first post, found your website on google and i think im in the right place to put this?

well im 16 comin up 17 in a few weeks and i have a gorgeous little car for my first car, its a corsa b 1.6 and its fair to say its not exactly bog standard lol

so basically ive bought these neons that have a switch, and they have a connection that has a white box on the end, it has TWO wires going in to this box, and i make it clear that this box will not plug anywhere into a car.

i understand that my very first step is to cut the box off and trim the wires back so i have two nice wires to go into my cigerette lighter (or am i wrong in thinkin this, do they attach to the wires that go into the cigeratte lighter?)?

i have the back of the cigerette lighter exposed and i have easy access to the wires that come out of it

however, ive tried looking up on the internet for help but from this point on im very confused as to 1) how i am meant to attach the wires to the cigerette lighter and/OR its wires and 2) what the hell is all this business about the ground wire that ive been reading on the internet

the cigerette lighter has three wires coming out of it, two of these wires are taped together, probably to indicate that there positive or negative or some shit lol

i would be amazed if someone could get me to do this, but im so confused as to what im meant to do with the wires exactly :(

cheers

Last edited:

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
well if you could include some pictures I am sure we could help a little :)

ClArKy12345

May 15, 2009
my car is in for a service so these pictures are off the internet

despite being off the internet they are very exact and precise

back of the cigerette lighter:

TO EACH PRONG THERE IS ONE WIRE, THREE WIRES IN TOTAL

the connection at the end of the neons:

WHERE IT SAYS CUT, THAT IS WHERE I THINK I NEED TO CUT IT THEN WIRE UP TO THE CIGERETTE LIGHTER OR ITS WIRES, am i right in thinking this? if so, how?

i hope this helps guys :)

cheers

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
back of your cigarette lighter has 2 connection... positive and negative...

from the photo u provided above, the neon u gonna install has 2 wire to connect... red and black...

so i assume red is positive and black is negative... its pretty simple direct connection...

yes u can tap 12v DC source from cigarette lighter....

ClArKy12345

May 15, 2009
so the third little pin to the top of the cigerette lighter i just ignore? and keep it how it is?

and so do i wire the wires from the neon kit to the back of the cigerette lighter WHILST the old wires are stil attatched?

cheers mate

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
the 2 pin from the main cigarette lighter should be the positive and negative terminal... the smaller looking tower is for illumination (LED) of the cigarette lighter... can ignore that....

yeap... u can just tap the wires directly to the cigarette lighter without removing the old wires... hence, u will still be able to use your cigarette lighter...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.. as u can see this is my 1st post... and im new to all this car stuff... i am just wondering can we actually DIY own diffuzers...

Reason:
To me is just a thin metal layer that is black in colour...
Cant we just use alluminium plate and black spray to do it???
Of course using the correct tools to Cut the alluminium plate..
and i find no reason spending more then RM300-RM1k to make this small thing for all 4 sides of the car....

Conts:
After DIY perhaps it might fail and falling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience