Custom air intake hose

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
go difference bro...
for plastic either u buy a CAI that costs less than 20bucks or just buy the plastic funnel from aircond shop. some hardware
shop sells it.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sorry i forgot to say that this hose is after my air filter box. connects to the TB, and has housing for the MAF.

anywhere can custom make that?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
so your maf is located at the box or before the TB?
if it is before the TB and located at the box,i would like to recommend for steel type, as plastic type may break that can cause leakage in which will give faulty reading from the MAF.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so your maf is located at the box or before the TB?
if it is before the TB and located at the box,i would like to recommend for steel type, as plastic type may break that can cause leakage in which will give faulty reading from the MAF.
my MAF is located in the tubing before the TB and after the air filter/box.

question is where to go to make it?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
exhaust shop.i guess.but there a lot human out there custom made their intercooler piping with.but i dont know where they made em.
btw what car are you using?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Where can i do a custom air intake hose? Currently mine is rubber, something like the one in this picture below:

http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/20116/China_Air_Intake_Hose20116151545124.jpg

A friend changed his to a smooth pipe and he says acceleration is smoother now. Anybody knows where I can go to get it done? Thank you!
Some say smooth is faster, but some say slightly rough (as in the manifold) is better, because got air swirling effect. Just like people fitting in cyclone. So not sure?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

did it at exhaust shop.
Bro. xtorm,
Is that the original length? Won't there be a tendency to heat up and air drawn in becomes hotter?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I remember sometime ago some joker used a big tupper ware box wrapped around his carb and had a big plastic straight pipe sticking out the front. He actually knocked his front chassis down to fit the pipe which was idiotic but the idea of doing it that was quite interesting. The box didn't melt and neither did the pipe. But the idea didn't stay there very long because he later did an elephant nose pipe for his air filter which made his engine run overly lean losing power.

Why do we want to bother with CAIs and all? Try testing with a velocity stack instead. Those will probably have more use than a custom CAI.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I remember sometime ago some joker used a big tupper ware box wrapped around his carb and had a big plastic straight pipe sticking out the front. He actually knocked his front chassis down to fit the pipe which was idiotic but the idea of doing it that was quite interesting. The box didn't melt and neither did the pipe. But the idea didn't stay there very long because he later did an elephant nose pipe for his air filter which made his engine run overly lean losing power.

Why do we want to bother with CAIs and all? Try testing with a velocity stack instead. Those will probably have more use than a custom CAI.
what's a velocity stack?

exhaust shop.i guess.but there a lot human out there custom made their intercooler piping with.but i dont know where they made em.
btw what car are you using?
inspira.. not sure if it's worth smoothing out the intake hose..

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Bro. xtorm,
Is that the original length? Won't there be a tendency to heat up and air drawn in becomes hotter?
nob, this is longer, the measurement is 3" to 2.5" to 2", should have make the 3" shorter and 2.5" longer.

i tot about the heat too, mayb ill add some insulation on it, but its better then before, smoother rev and easier to pickup, even on 3rd gear, if i mange to get a throttle controller for my car i think the difference will be more apparent.

the original box was on top of the engine.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nob, this is longer, the measurement is 3" to 2.5" to 2", should have make the 3" shorter and 2.5" longer.

i tot about the heat too, mayb ill add some insulation on it, but its better then before, smoother rev and easier to pickup, even on 3rd gear, if i mange to get a throttle controller for my car i think the difference will be more apparent.

the original box was on top of the engine.
Thanks for the info. Yeh! I think some insulation may make it better.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is a grounding cable/wire is a needy for a car ?? do every car need to have it ??

does it have side effect ??

Does there any good grounding cable recommended to use on myvi yrv ??

or it just waste money..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience