Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

cracked wheel repair

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lanuncyber

Reactions
Hello all.

i just got my E8 3 days ago, with stock Enkei 6-spoke alloy. unfortunate for me, one of the wheel, at one of the spokes, got crack (around the spoke). this is sad.

so, need advice from anyone of u, how do i repair this cracked wheel? is there any shop that can do the job here in seremban or at least nearby? is it ok if i have the wheel welded, or should i just replace them with a new set of wheel?

i wonder how a super tough enkei wheel got cracked like that.

thanks.

saw the pics u posted... i personally feel ur E8 stock rims dun seems to match ur bodykit le...
take tis chance to change rims la... heehee

yaya..put 18" ce28/re30/te37/advan rz..hehe

saw the pics u posted... i personally feel ur E8 stock rims dun seems to match ur bodykit le...

haha.. i do put that into consideration also. at the same time, im looking for a multispoke wheel like my previous OZ Racing used on my Satria Neo. i donno, but i like multispoke wheel a lot more... =)

18"? doesnt it too heavy? ya the look will be very impressive, but i thought dat will compromise d performance a lil bit, am i rite? plus, here in my place, the roads are terrible, path holes, bumps are every where. even the 17" with thicker rubber wont stand...

Just a better reason to change rims...I read before sizes of the tyres does affect how the car performs or handles.
Just better to do some research beforehand...looks nice, but it may not be suitable for your car.

lanuncyber,
Cracked wheels, suggested to change to new units rather then repair.
Several factor to put an account... after all you may visit Tek Ming Auto Service (Sunway)
as I repaired my Waja dented rims last 3 month ago... ok la...

E can use any 17/18/19 of wheels + offset.
The bigger the wider the more "garang" look...
Just need some adjustment on the rear fender if required.
No issue on the weight if stay on original brands...

Very good "racun" u got there...tehehe

Ya loh bro. Go for aftermarket rims. U wont regret.

Hehe..they're my favourite rims..u r using rpf1?..18"?

Another very strong "racun"...heehehee

Hehe..they're my favourite rims..u r using rpf1?..18"?

Yup 18"...change becos previous owner used 1" spacer at the front so the car "goyang" here & there...now no more "goyang"...hehehe

bro vspec... u oso very good at taking chances ma... goyang then change rims... can do on wheel balancing wat.... wahahahaha

There are a lot of machine shop in Chan Sow Lin, KL that could repair damaged sport rims. The could also "tampal" hairline cracks. They could refurbish them also -- Polish, spray paint, chrome, anodize, etc.

Whether to repair or not, it depends on how extensive the damaged sustained.

No lah bro calvin...hehehe...last time the rim was taiwanese rim so the offset not "ngam" that's y the owner used 1" spacer to clear the brembo...

Now no spacer car feel very good...hehehe

Best is to change a new one.. for your own safety.. Especially for performance car..

huhu, so many racun to ask me change the wheels. but, lot of money has been spent changing parts, fluids in the engine and gears, so the option of changing the wheels need to be put on hold for the time being. hehe.. =)

so many racuns here. haha.. btw, yes, im looking for a set of 17" wheels, can clear brembo of course, preferable OZ racing brand. not new, used (half cut) will do. =) should any1 of u found this, kindly let me know. =)

Top Bottom