Country is going bankrupt by 2019 but Agong gets a NEW palace

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Got money to build new palace ..
Buy useless war equipments ...
Paying billions of ringgit to the kings(fuel royalty) ..
Can afford to backup lotus F1 teams ...
But tell us that our country is going to bankrupt ... :stupid:

Tell you, tell us or tell someone else that need to listen? A statement always sounds stupid when it goes into the wrong person's ears.

What we should fight for is the transparency of the gov and the effectiveness of executing the law. What we should complain is the corruption and 'no need to responsible' culture. Who will still remember the issues of taufu project like terengganu stadium that collapsed? Parliament building and new court leaking issues? Yes, looks like small issues, until you sum them up and look at the numbers involved.

If my vote is not to BN, the only reason is that they are not capable to fight on the cronies culture and alibaba corporations (maybe they themselves are involved). What made me sad is that, rakyat is too easy to forget things and don't know how to analyze things.

Boonkae

Known Member
May 11, 2009
Tell you, tell us or tell someone else that need to listen? A statement always sounds stupid when it goes into the wrong person's ears.

What we should fight for is the transparency of the gov and the effectiveness of executing the law. What we should complain is the corruption and 'no need to responsible' culture. Who will still remember the issues of taufu project like terengganu stadium that collapsed? Parliament building and new court leaking issues? Yes, looks like small issues, until you sum them up and look at the numbers involved.

If my vote is not to BN, the only reason is that they are not capable to fight on the cronies culture and alibaba corporations (maybe they themselves are involved). What made me sad is that, rakyat is too easy to forget things and don't know how to analyze things.
Don't understand what you're trying to say ... :hmmmm:
So you're saying our goverment is doing a good job ?
You sounds like some expert in this issue ... as for me ... i'm just an ordinary citizen ... trying to understand why a country like malaysia with all its natural resources are going to bankrupt ... while other country like Singapore is better than us ???

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i think what CSL is trying to say is....if we had more transparent news and updates on happenings in our country, there would be more ppl who understands and can make better judgement.

CSL...i still remember all those news. i've even started keeping pdf copies of news like the scorpene subs..the missing jet engines...the EPF investment failures...the APCs that they wanted to buy...

just to remind me how easily ppl forget...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
I personally think we have to regret voting irresponsibly, and from now on exercise extreme caution and seriousness when voting in the next GE....

Only when you remove the shit and place flowers will you gain fragrance......

It starts with us....

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
You sounds like some expert in this issue ... as for me ... i'm just an ordinary citizen ... trying to understand why a country like malaysia with all its natural resources are going to bankrupt ... while other country like Singapore is better than us ???
Boonkae, I think ur statement #3 in the previous post, is sensitive issue...but I'll leave it to moderator...bcoz it involving RUKUN NEGARA...

Singapore is better than us???:hmmmm: Make me wonder why...a lot of singaporean 'flooded' in Malaysia shopping for groceries...can I ask...in terms of what???

But I do agree on Public Transport fac they're than us now!!! but Malaysia on its way there under RMK10 - S.P.A.D.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Boonkae, I think ur statement #3 in the previous post, is sensitive issue...but I'll leave it to moderator...bcoz it involving RUKUN NEGARA...

Singapore is better than us???:hmmmm: Make me wonder why...a lot of singaporean 'flooded' in Malaysia shopping for groceries...can I ask...in terms of what???

But I do agree on Public Transport fac they're than us now!!! but Malaysia on its way there under RMK10 - S.P.A.D.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i agree about the #3...boonkae, better remove that line. quite a number of ppl aredy kena based on recent news reports. best not to tempt fate.

Azizi...i live very near SGP...i come into contact with them almost on a daily basis...they have a very good life there. and they come here to live an even better life. there's a Aeon Jusco near here and every weekend u can see the parking lot filled up with a lot of SGP cars...and when u see how they shop, u feel the pain in your own pocket. but for them...is little money. 1 Singaporean even told me how his relative would buy 10 secret recipe cakes to bring back to SGP cos here so cheap...10secret recipe cakes would = about RM700...and they consider this cheap. sue me for feeling envious. rm70 petrol oso i feel the pinch to afford...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
All i can see is lots of unwise spending...example;

Every year in every gov ministry is buying computer.. high end quad core (recent model) just to give to the clerk and receptionist to use it (well some of it).. what a waste..those people should use thin client..

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
i agree about the #3...boonkae, better remove that line. quite a number of ppl aredy kena based on recent news reports. best not to tempt fate.

Azizi...i live very near SGP...i come into contact with them almost on a daily basis...they have a very good life there. and they come here to live an even better life. there's a Aeon Jusco near here and every weekend u can see the parking lot filled up with a lot of SGP cars...and when u see how they shop, u feel the pain in your own pocket. but for them...is little money. 1 Singaporean even told me how his relative would buy 10 secret recipe cakes to bring back to SGP cos here so cheap...10secret recipe cakes would = about RM700...and they consider this cheap. sue me for feeling envious. rm70 petrol oso i feel the pinch to afford...
u live at bkt indah.

Boonkae

Known Member
May 11, 2009

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Pls don't get me wrong ... I'm 100% Malaysian & i loved it ... Not trying to start an argument here ... just a little bit frustrated by whats happening here ... Price hiked .. No subsidies .. Unwise spending ... :stupid:

Last edited:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004

When you see SGP people shop in Msia you feel pain, but when SGP people see China people shop in any part in the world, they feel frightened. When I was on a trip to Europe earlier on, the chinese tourist eventually flooded the main shopping area in Paris, they will buy rm300k cartier jewelry in Lafayette without hesitation, 4-6 LV bags like buying grocery in super market, I saw a few SGP couples look at them with amazed face.This is because of the difference in the income level in terms of economy scale. Msia has low cost of living but have much more lower income level in global level in return. So, with a neighbour like SGP of much more higher income level they enjoy the disparity between the living cost in our states.

Our country has great potential to grow in prosperity, but the efficiency level has made it standstill since 90s. But afterall, most malaysians are still very friendly to people which many other Asian countries are not.I guess in some cases less materialistic lifestyle is better for the people.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Just exactly what is wrong with the current palace anyway that they need to spend RM800 million build a new one ?

Money falling from the sky is it ?

TH8

Aug 31, 2009
Pearl Island
Tak mengapa kalau kepala rakyat yang dibasahi hujan... :stupid:

@FVel, money falling out from rakyats pocket not from the sky :)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
this is a never ending discussion la all...read the news recently? the workers working to build the palace not being paid? there r so many scandals happening to begin wondering if it isnt on purpose or did somebody dig that info out...what i know is...in a few months time, nobody will remember what happened this few weeks.

dunno wat to think anymore nowadays...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Today's chinapress got 1 story, even sadder than the country goes bankrupt.

http://chinapress.com.my/content_new.asp?dt=2010-07-02&sec=forum&art=0702fc08.txt

這不是一則聽來的故事,而是一宗親眼目睹的事實︰

這對父母我認識多年,看著他倆含辛茹苦把兩個女兒撫養長大。如今大女兒出來社會工作,有份好差事。人長得美,又相當活躍,看在人家眼里,是個幸福美好的女子。

小女兒則剛考進大專,準備在學術疆場上苦戰一番,祈望有個美好的將來。

表面看來,這個家庭倒不錯。

但做母親的向我透露,他們的家庭並不如人家想像中那樣美滿。也許家家有本難唸的經,他們的家也不例外。

首先,經濟拮據是當前困擾。

做父親的幾年前已退休,為了兩女的教育費,依然繼續工作,只是年紀已大,待遇好的工作輪不到他做,只好在朋友經營的建築工場當管工。他說,再辛苦也要讓兩個女兒完成高深教育。

不必指望幫補家裡

由于過去的工作待遇不高,每月生活費用又龐大,夫婦倆咬緊牙根度日,連那輛用了近20年的舊車都不敢換,近日還常常拋錨。

大女兒有了工作,原以為負擔減輕一半,誰知女兒工作僅幾個月,就買一架新車。父母勸她︰慢一步才買不行嗎?父親還不是坐舊車,妹妹也要準備再升學。

女兒不聽,還責父母︰“你們不知道嗎?現在這個社會樣樣講體面,我去工作要擠巴士,好看嗎?現在買了車,我自己要供,余錢不多,你們不必指望我幫補家裡什么。”

父母無可奈何,只好咬緊牙根再捱下去,那輛用了20年的舊車不換還不要緊,最要命的還是小女兒的教育費,這擔子不輕,儲蓄也用盡了。最怕的是自己年紀漸長,健康日走下坡,接踵下來,多少總需要醫藥費。

就在這時,大女兒又來另一招︰

她養一只寵物,這只狗命比主人的父母更好,除每天吃好食物,一個月帶它去修剪毛髮要60令吉;一個星期去寵物店清洗身體兩次,每次20令吉。此外,維他命丸、狗只專用浴巾……這筆數目可不小!

女兒還對父母說︰“你們都看到啦,我每月要供車、養狗,還有多少余錢?一個女子出來工作,服裝費、裝飾費更是少不了……”

這女兒近日還參與一班朋友,常到保齡球場玩。她說要健身,這些錢省不了。父母看她一意孤行,對她也心灰意冷,唯有任她,因為無可奈何!旁人說現在兒女長大后,懂得感恩、講究孝道的已沒多少(當然也有部分是好的),這種情況再普遍不過。父母期望兒女有所回報,變成奢望。

是的,道德倫理觀念日漸淡薄,但教育不是日漸普及化嗎?請問︰新時代的教育,教出來的新一代是怎樣的?

(本版言論,不代表本報立場)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
*Thank u google translate...*

This is not one to listen to the story, but the fact that a witness ︰

The parents I have known for many years, watching They endured sufferings brought up his two daughters. Today, daughter work in the community have taken good job. Who looks beautiful and very active, looking at people's eyes, is a happy woman.

Daughter is just entering college, worked hard to prepare something on the academic battlefield, hope has a bright future.

On the surface, this family a good one.

But the mother revealed to me that their families are not as happy as people imagine. Maybe every family has cupboard, their home is no exception.

First, the current troubled economic constraints.

Father retired a few years ago, two woman's education to continue to work, but with already large, fail to get the treatment he has done good work, had to operate at a friend's building workshops as supervisors. He said that working hard and let the girls to complete higher education.

Do not expect to help pay for home

In the past, the work of the treatment is not high, the monthly cost of living it large, live root of the couple roll up our sleeves, with that bike took nearly 20 years old are not changed, has also frequently broke down.

Daughter had to work to reduce by half the burden of thought, Who knows her work only a few months, then buy a new car. Parents advised her to buy a step slow ︰ can not I? Old father is not sitting, my sister also prepare further studies.

Daughter did not listen, but also responsible for their parents, "The do not you know? Now that everything about a decent society, I went to work to squeeze the bus, look good? Now bought a car, I'm going for, I have much money, you do not expect I help out at home anything. "

Parents have no alternative but to roll up our sleeves survive much longer, that bike for 20 years with used cars does not change also does not matter, the most terrible is the daughter's education, this is not a light burden, savings are exhausted. Fear most is themselves get older, health on the decline, one after another down the number of total medical expenses need.

Just then, another daughter again move ︰

She was a pet, the dog lives better than the owner's parents, in addition to eat food every month to trim the hair with it to 60 ringgit; pet washing of the body a week to twice a RM20. In addition, vitamin pills, dog special bath towel ... ... no small sum of money!

Her parents also said, "You can see one, I for a month car, dog, how much money left? A woman to work, clothing costs, decoration charges, it is indispensable to ... ..."

It has also been involved in a group of her friends, often to the bowling alley to play. She said that fitness, not the money Province. Look at her parents insist, also discouraged her, only her office, because no alternative! Others say that children grow up, gratitude and filial piety are not particular about how much (of course, some are good), this situation again, but in general. Parents expect their children pay off into wishful thinking.

Yes, moral ethics diminishes, but the growing popularity of education is not it? Will ︰ new era of education, a new generation coming out of what?

(Edition statement, does not mean that newspaper's position)

CSL...real story? very common story....

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Well, some girls treat their pets even better than their bf. Last generation lived through very tough life so they tend to be more thrifty but next generation are growing up in the booming years so they tend to care more for life style and self center thinking.

not the problem from education actually, its a problem with the global economy change...it happens in most developed cities. Japan,China,Singapore,HK and Taiwan also having a lot of social issues with the younger generation.

But what make impact is the freezing social liquitity, lower class people are hard to move up to middle class and middle class are eliminating by the upper class people with the economical and political power. The wealth gap is worsening in developed cities where wealthier people form a close circle to ensure their siblings are getting the first class jobs and they use their politcal and economical power to squeeze more wealth from the lower and middle class people. Young people tend to feel hopeless in the society therefore they change to live in spending kind of life style and short sighted for future.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guysss...im using waja campro (campro engine)

i would like to install extactor and bullet....

can u all recommend or gv me some suggestion which brand and price and where to install......

thanksss........

if can.....tell me more what that can be upgrade for campro....thankss alot guysss

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience