Compression test

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Hi guys,
Can any one tell me how to conduct a compression test? Also, What is AFR stand for? Thanks guys..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
remove your spark plug, place the compression tester at the plug hole (meaning compression tester takes spark plug place) and crank the engine usually up to 5-6cranks to get reading. usually for turbo, anything lower than 8 should be considered "ada problem"...

ask your mechanic to do it for u. most probably they wont charge u for doing a compression test. u cant DIY unless u have the compression testing tool...

mi_scuzi

Known Member
Aug 7, 2005
Selangor
khoyos said:
remove your spark plug, place the compression tester at the plug hole (meaning compression tester takes spark plug place) and crank the engine usually up to 5-6cranks to get reading. usually for turbo, anything lower than 8 should be considered "ada problem"...

ask your mechanic to do it for u. most probably they wont charge u for doing a compression test. u cant DIY unless u have the compression testing tool...
lower than 8 got problem?something wrong wif the piston?

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Air fuel ratio? Thanks. Also, do all mechs have the comp test tool cos i've never heard of mine mentioning such a thing! I really need a new mech!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
not all mechs have the compression tester, but workshops which does modifications n really serious work should have them.

air fuel ratio sensor is a sensor which is plugged to ur exhaust, to know whether ur fuelling is enough or not. most tuners have it. its the definitive tool to get feedback on fuelling tuning...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
e3newbie : u can know whether ur engine condition is ok or screwed hehehehe

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
mi_scuzi said:
lower than 8 got problem?something wrong wif the piston?
Yeah, if it's too low, then you're losing compression somewhere. It could be that the piston rings are worn out. Or, a bad case would be your engine head is screwed, like in the case of my pal. It's probably due to detonation - the valve seat has a nick in it, so some fuel-air charge gets squeezed out from the nick during the compression stroke, leading to compression loss.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it recommended to cut the shift rod shorter so tht it looks "sporty"? Will it affect the shifting procedures???

btw, is there any custom shortshift makers in malacca?

thanks in advance...
hehe
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience