Common error!!!

May 17, 2013
Good evening,
It is very embarrassing to me when I can’t know some basic ideas about mechanics as I am expert in mechanical gadget and equipment. It’s really ridiculous and feels so shame…
Do you face that type of problems???

do surf more in "howstuffworks" website or watch more youtube "free" lesson

Good evening,
It is very embarrassing to me when I can’t know some basic ideas about mechanics as I am expert in mechanical gadget and equipment. It’s really ridiculous and feels so shame…
Do you face that type of problems???
You can never stop learning. You may be an expert in your field but there'll always be something you aren't aware of or something that you might have missed. People always call me sifu just because I post a lot of DIY stuff. But I'm not embarassed to say I don't deserve the title because 99% of the things I learnt are all from those who were kind enough to show me / teach me.

Humble pie is the key to longevity.

Unless you were paid to know everything and you failed in basics.. then you're screwed.

You can never stop learning. You may be an expert in your field but there'll always be something you aren't aware of or something that you might have missed. People always call me sifu just because I post a lot of DIY stuff. But I'm not embarassed to say I don't deserve the title because 99% of the things I learnt are all from those who were kind enough to show me / teach me.

Humble pie is the key to longevity.

Unless you were paid to know everything and you failed in basics.. then you're screwed.
To add, What you learn from school, Uni are only theory. Nothing beats practical sometimes, as I too learn from many others and would like to share my knowledge if possible.
For one, most ask why I hang around my mechanic the whole day, rather then leaving the car there for repairs. Well, when you come back and collect the car we still don't know a thing what was done, and what was the problem...Staying there and especially ask questions about the problem is knowledge....:driver:

To add, What you learn from school, Uni are only theory. Nothing beats practical sometimes, as I too learn from many others and would like to share my knowledge if possible.
For one, most ask why I hang around my mechanic the whole day, rather then leaving the car there for repairs. Well, when you come back and collect the car we still don't know a thing what was done, and what was the problem...Staying there and especially ask questions about the problem is knowledge....:driver:
i agree to that, the longest time ive waited in a workshop under a cherry tree is 9 hours.....
learned alot that day.

i agree to that, the longest time ive waited in a workshop under a cherry tree is 9 hours.....
learned alot that day.
Yup, younger days really follow mechanic whole day, especially when get to know him well, he do your car last.....hahahaha:biggrin:

learned alot that day.
Few years back sometimes I even helped my regular SC mechanics when they needed extra pair of hands!

Everyone makes mistakes. We are human so our knowledge is limited and only will gain from more exposure. That's why I hated when people keep asking me about car stuff from A to Z like I'm a car wikipedia. Hello I'm not book or a website ok?

Likes all the sifu said here, reading the post in forums and internet and all those DIY will only do some improvement in your knowledge but in order for you to gain more knowledge actual hands on is more important. Just like all the other things in life you learn more through practical not just by reading.

Waiora_ProTuner

Nov 29, 2006
learned alot that day.
there was a time when i wait from 9am until 11pm in audio shop...seeing them installing subwoofer and amplifier in my car...14 HOURS!

not much i learned really..

Good advice here. Next time I'll probably do that too to learn more about cars.
Make sure you ask questions, but then is your mechanic the type who will share his knowledge?

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Few years back sometimes I even helped my regular SC mechanics when they needed extra pair of hands!
When I am there the whole day, and mechanic is busy I am like one of his staff. Help to bleed brake fluid, shift the cars, deliver cars, sometimes take a ride check for noise, but then good also get free lunch.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

there was a time when i wait from 9am until 11pm in audio shop...seeing them installing subwoofer and amplifier in my car...14 HOURS!

That is because you are in the waiting room.....:biggrin:
Audio also have things to learn if you are into it. About speakers, HU, power, amps, wires, crossovers, sub woofers etc....

If there was no custom job, ie-fibre moulding, fabricating boxes, etc.. then you did learn something.

You learnt never to go back to this shop cuz they goddamn slow.

Waiora_ProTuner

Nov 29, 2006
That is because you are in the waiting room.....:biggrin:
Audio also have things to learn if you are into it. About speakers, HU, power, amps, wires, crossovers, sub woofers etc....
No waiting room at Fancy Audio..only lunch at McD...self-pay...

If there was no custom job, ie-fibre moulding, fabricating boxes, etc.. then you did learn something.

You learnt never to go back to this shop cuz they goddamn slow.
there was lots of work..

actually..never go back cause very expensive...:bawling:

i'm not 'into' audio at that time...but now i know that the box design failed (not so good)...
and the amplifier is not the audiophile level...and the front component a bit small in size for a good sound..

They sold to me what they can't sell...:banghead:

That's why when I upgrade my car audio, mostly I buy the stuff individually myself after I do research on the specs & price range within my budget. I already have a design and specs in mind with the budget I want to spend and slowly search for those stuff one by one. I never just go to one shop and have them recommend me everything. Once I find everything, then I go to a shop to install them, it can be one of the seller if I can see they provide good installation workmanship.

That is because you know your stuff and have research on it.

There was once a member went and change tyres then only came into the forum and ask which was too late....:bawling:

hi guys...

i'm gonna upgrade my brake hose to steel braided one....mine already 13 years old...;)...

so...which one is worth buying...Goodrich or Pro RS....

in term of price and performance...as i know,Pro RS warranty 2 years but Goodrich i fon't know...

where to get good price and installation how much?? for B16a..

any experience to share??

TQVM