Climate Control got funny sound

DT2001

Known Member
Jun 23, 2006
Hi guys,
I have this "krog krog' sound when i turn on the air-con and it's on and off thingy, some days yes some days not. Read fr OZ/NZ forum it's due to climate control motor servo contacting points being dirty and needs to be cleaned. Any body encountered this problem bef? Went to Vision last Sat but they couldn't hear the sound so kenot check, asked me to service the air-con instead:sad_smile:

Any advice is appreciated.

cheers

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
DT2001 said:
Hi guys,
I have this "krog krog' sound when i turn on the air-con and it's on and off thingy, some days yes some days not. Read fr OZ/NZ forum it's due to climate control motor servo contacting points being dirty and needs to be cleaned. Any body encountered this problem bef? Went to Vision last Sat but they couldn't hear the sound so kenot check, asked me to service the air-con instead:sad_smile:

cheers
who u look for at vision? try look for SOON. tell him u wan to do something he did to brian's car.. bypass the hose. mine solved. u should gib it a try

DT2001

Known Member
Jun 23, 2006
Hi,
Was there during lunch time, didn't look for Yong, d manager but one young chap (new i guess) came up to me. Yong used to tell me there's water inside the hose (for heater) he can get rid of the sound by just cut off/by pass the hose. Any other ways to do this probably like cleaning the contact points?

cheers

RTS200

Aug 8, 2006
bro rinagi,

bypass the hose ?? I had the same suggestion by vision (like DT 2001's) to just cut the hose to make the sound go away ...

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
DT2001 said:
Hi guys,

cheers
I'm having same problem with "krog krog" sound... even without turning on the aircond, the sound is there.. whenever I turned on the swith (before cranking engine) it starts to sound.. is this to do with climate control thingy?

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
ARSSS said:
I'm having same problem with "krog krog" sound... even without turning on the aircond, the sound is there.. whenever I turned on the swith (before cranking engine) it starts to sound.. is this to do with climate control thingy?
u r having the exact prob fellows here having. it only take u 5-10 minutes to clean it. think u all can go together as to learn and clean it urself. charges at vision are very very expensive nowadays.

bluedemon

Known Member
Mar 2, 2005
funny enuff, i experience the same sound just after cranking on the engine. i tot it was normal for altezza :_:

DT2001

Known Member
Jun 23, 2006
Vision's charges has always been on the higher side, perhaps we could get Trial to check? we go together, can?

cheers

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
fellas ...

i have the same problem last time

went to trial and they spent half day to sort the problem out

u know what they found out, there were not enough fluid in the cooling system

just try to put in water to the tank at the back of the radiator

no more problem

tyr that

RTS200

Aug 8, 2006
bro jahax .. tried doin as suggested but the sound is still there ...

bro DT2001 ... if you're ok, let's go together to trial.. agreed with you that vision is killing ppl with their charges ....

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Could there be little creatures living inside the aircond vent??..LOL

Just kidding guys..

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
same problem here... just don't bother it only...

but maybe we go vision by a group then we get discount ....... hehehehe....

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
maybe like this.. u all come out tomorrow night and i'll show u guys how 2 deal with it while we finalize the logo that Lam created for our altezza club. how?

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
Hi guys,

I had the same problem. The sound comes from somewhere between the aircond panel and the glove compartment. I checked with the guys in Singapore and one dude mentioned about the servo arm not properly lubricated. So, I removed the motor (it's in the glove box) and greased it. Now, no more sound at all!! To reproduce the sound, just try fooling around with the temp control.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Anyone know which toyota has 1 inch brake master cylinder? i want to swap the stock 7/8 to 1 inch.

Yesterday i drove my dads 2003 camry. the brake pedal travel is long and mushy, with very little feedback that it was really hard to manipulate, to a point i consider the car is dangerous to drive.

i think the 7/8 inch master cylinder pair with a brake booster that has too much non-reaction stroke is what makes the brake so terrible.

1 inch master cylinder should firm up the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience