claying

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Then we're all been duped.....MUAHAHAHAHA.......

On a serious note, serious mental note, will need to dwell on this further and do more trials (the next time my cars need claying...which won't be for quite some time...:p)

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I would love to see some scientific test on marring: claying with lubricant and claying with just H2O. But intuitively, claying with lubricant would reduce the risk of marring. Personally, I clay with water only. I too do not notice any difference compared to when I clayed using lubricant -- but it could all boil down to technique.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I would love to see some scientific test on marring: claying with lubricant and claying with just H2O. But intuitively, claying with lubricant would reduce the risk of marring. Personally, I clay with water only. I too do not notice any difference compared to when I clayed using lubricant -- but it could all boil down to technique.
If we clay and then polish this is not an issue.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
*slaps forehead*

So even claying is a voodoo science topic ah?

s1tl : I sometimes use OPC to clay because it's silkier. But I have to rinse immediately after and that's highly time consuming. Do you clay with a running tap or just dip rub dip rub style?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
*slaps forehead*

s1tl : I sometimes use OPC to clay because it's silkier. But I have to rinse immediately after and that's highly time consuming. Do you clay with a running tap or just dip rub dip rub style?
Detailing is science.....:driver:

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
*slaps forehead*

Your claybar wont spoil ar?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your claybar wont spoil ar?
Clean and store properly will last a long time......

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Er.. considering I've only done this twice, I don't know.

Will someone tell me how to clay properly?
Ah! How to clay properly?
Well, I still use shampoo solution as lube. Flatten clay bar, spray lube on paint and clay with light pressure. Make sure you don't drop the clay bar....

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Er.. considering I've only done this twice, I don't know.

Will someone tell me how to clay properly?
Err.. can try my method la if you think is useful. Use a plastic bag cover your hand and feel the surface. If you feel there is something on on the surface then need to clay. I use ONR as lubricant. Never tried got marring when I have a clean surface to clay. Only got a few hair line before cause I think I picked up some tiny hard object then when wanna inspect the paint only I know I screw up from the preparation. I tried use opc to clay before and then end up my claybar melted. That's why I ask you how come your claybar wont spoil.

I clay left right up down, then wipe dry with a damp mf to feel is there is any pokey pockey feeling on the surface. If you not use to check contaminants with damp mf then use plastic bags.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Err.. can try my method la if you think is useful. Use a plastic bag cover your hand and feel the surface. If you feel there is something on on the surface then need to clay. I use ONR as lubricant. Never tried got marring when I have a clean surface to clay. Only got a few hair line before cause I think I picked up some tiny hard object then when wanna inspect the paint only I know I screw up from the preparation. I tried use opc to clay before and then end up my claybar melted. That's why I ask you how come your claybar wont spoil.

I clay left right up down, then wipe dry with a damp mf to feel is there is any pokey pockey feeling on the surface. If you not use to check contaminants with damp mf then use plastic bags.
What was your concentration for ONR and OPC? My OPC was super mild, 1 part to 10 parts water. ONR I'm doing 50-50

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Btw has anyone tried soft99 claybar before? I have seen someone wrote that it is more durable than PermaGlass claybar. I still have half of PG claybar so still don't wana waste $$ to buy soft99 to try yet.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw has anyone tried soft99 claybar before? I have seen someone wrote that it is more durable than PermaGlass claybar. I still have half of PG claybar so still don't wana waste $$ to buy soft99 to try yet.
Soft 99 clay bar to me about the same as the PG ones.
The problem is soft 99 harder to find, less places selling. PG ones supermarket/hypermarket have....:biggrin:

arch5069

May 29, 2012
Penang
Same findings as bro VR, find the quality about the same. Used to clay using the green soff99 but can't find it later on so switched to PG blue and still with the same bar after like 1year, and that also still got 2/3 untouched.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why does PG have 3 diff types of clays? "For Light paints", "For dark paints" and "for weathered paints"?

I don't see a difference in the end result.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

recently i took my dad's unser for snow bath n the guy there pour diesel on top of the car the he washes with the snow.when i asked him he said for brighter colour cars u have to use diesel to remove dirts?
isit true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience