Charade Aura Help!

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all sifus,

I currently own a charade aura 1.3l 1990 stock. But the engine is abit too underpowered imo. I'm thinking of doing a transplant but i need some help on which engine to fit.

I'm a total noob when it comes cars but i checked out the forums and i'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting a 4agze into a car like mine. Or if its even possible without further modifications? and whats the market price for a half cut 4agze? Thank you sifus! I'm also looking at the 4efte engine aswell, so your opinions are very much welcomed.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
4AGE? its already been done, but the handling isnt as good. d HCE engine is my fave, mod it up for more powwahh. otoh, if u have the money for a transplant, y not just charge it up? 4efte is a good choice, but endorsement is a biatch nowadays. pm for details, tq sir

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
in term of smoothness, the GTti fails miserably danz. 4 cylinders is way better

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

err, and the halfcut is very, very hard to come by, and if u can find any, its gonna be very, very, very, very expensive. not to mention dat spare parts are scarse, i wud not advice on getting one dzleo

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
4efte u mean? A series engine is usually for the levins

for the starlet engine, its not adviceable, unless he wanna use it haram ler.. quite hard to endorse nowadays, especially if not done by a good mechanic. id prefer to charge the HCE up, its a reliable and powerful engine if mod properly

dzleo

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the opinions! but yeah i dont think i'll be considering the GTti. i have a tight budget. So the 4age or 4agze would be too heavy for my car then?

Pardon me for my noobness, but the difference between the hce and 4efte? Since, the 4efte is probably the most common mod for my car, i was hoping someone could suggest something different. but ofcuz street legal. and not something that would be impossible to pass an endorsement.

I dont wanna charge up my stock engine because i think there should be a limit of how powerful the stock can go rite? i dunno. haha.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
from both charade aura and espri. the espri's are a later version, i like both versions. but the espri is much easier to mod up, because it shares many parts wit the HDE 1600cc aka deto.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Thanks for the opinions! but yeah i dont think i'll be considering the GTti. i have a tight budget. So the 4age or 4agze would be too heavy for my car then?

Pardon me for my noobness, but the difference between the hce and 4efte? Since, the 4efte is probably the most common mod for my car, i was hoping someone could suggest something different. but ofcuz street legal. and not something that would be impossible to pass an endorsement.

I dont wanna charge up my stock engine because i think there should be a limit of how powerful the stock can go rite? i dunno. haha.

the 4As wud definitely be too heavy for ur chasis, handling is going out the window, understeer is going to be serious issue on fast corners. there are several factors dat this to happen, pm for details.

on the differences between a 4efte and HCE, the 4efte is an originally charged engine, but wit the compression ratio on dat motor, its almost an na. wit the comparatively small turbo, full boost is easily achieved, a very good and reliable motor, coming from toyota and all kan..

the HCE is an na motor, it seems like another 1300cc but couple dat motor in a chasis as light as d aura, fuhh!!!! a responsive motor as std, it wud be very good if not the best in its class if modified. very easy on maintainance, parts are very easy to source out because it shares most parts if not all wit the perodua kembara. couple dat HCE engine head, and pistons wit a 1600cc block (complete wit bottom end), u got urself one powerful motor dat is very agile on the revv counter because this combination raises the compression ratio to a whopping 11.2 (approx. the last time we tested, oh yes.. weve done dis hybrid). fuel consumption is on the good side, a lil bit better then the 4e. on pick up, yes, its lagging behind the 4e, but wait till u get to corners.. fuhhh!!!! weve tested dis sob on ulu yam roads and it ran marvelous, steering was crisp and it was very agile albeit using a std suspension because of the lighter engine in front compared to the 4e

a guy once did dis engine seriously in his aura, and it was faster den my charade4e (have i told u dat? lol). of course, back then, mine was std.. and he was running nuthing short of a 1800cc block, hehe.. but dat shud show u on the potential of d HCE, kan?

daihatsu shud be paying me for all this typing ler.. penat jugek

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

What are your views if i transplanted a hd-eg engine into my car?
i prefer the HCE, HDEG has an achilles heel, not my cuppa tea

dzleo

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow, thank you so much for all that info! i'll pm you so i can get more details if you dont mind. anyone else is welcomed to comment on this thread.

one_day_soon

Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
woah-ho hce info overload, lovin it haha this forum is kikn wing, perodua kembara is diahatsu terios ae?? if i wanted to buy one for parts for 88 hce, would i buy same year range? 88-91 i think?? yees noo?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i dunno much about the kembara sir, but it is sumwhata counterpart for the terios. HCE has two variants now, the old gen and the new gen. the new gen is slightly better, of course using a later technology. for the time range, i think the 88~91 is using the same engine kot. iirc, the old kembara is using the old generation HCE. please wait for sum other who knows more on this to reply, tq sir

p/s : in case u need a new gen HCE, i have one for sale, complete like a halfcut. pm for details.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

PZ,

I'm driving a GTi with Hotbits extractor, stock muffler but with 2 inch piping and giving a terrible note, i'm planning to change back to stock piping soon...I think my Hotbits is starting to bocor, so i'm planning to change it to PZ extractors. Before i do that, i think my engine is out of tune; fuel comsumption is terrible, RM40 wont get me 300km...And occasionally, my engine oil decreases terribly. I drive my GTi everyday from Klang to Cyberjaya u see. I and i cruise often at at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience