changed frm 16 to 17

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
hi bros
i got a ques i wanna ask
i jz chged the rims frm 16 to 17 inches...
ques is now when i wanna turn a corner...the car feels like oversteering...and when i wanna brake...the car will go to one side...y is this happening bro?

have u checked the tyre pressure? low profile tyres require frequent tyre pressure checking due to possibilities of cracks on tyre sidewalls...

I just wanna share my opinion
correct me if I'm wrong

Well, handling will normally categorize by 2
either oversteer(corner in fast) or understeer(corner out improve pick up duration)
Also depends on part or setting...

So do u mine to share what tyres & asb u r using?

U car slide when u brake...
16" above with low profile tyres 205mm will normal flat than the eco tyres...
U can say this is performance tyres attribute
when the road is not flat, this will occur...
Will even worse when wet!!!

check your allignment and balancing..
check your tyre pressure
check your tyre expiry date
check your lower arm and oso bushing
By the way wut car u driving now?

hi bros
i got a ques i wanna ask
i jz chged the rims frm 16 to 17 inches...
ques is now when i wanna turn a corner...the car feels like oversteering...and when i wanna brake...the car will go to one side...y is this happening bro?

when u brake, it go one side usually its yr alignment or yr tires....
yr tires new or used?
yr tires is following the rotation mark? if wrong it will slide to one side too. dangerous

all have been done when i fix this rim
alignment balancing camber
bought this rim 2nd hand with thread ard 70% which had more threads compared to my previous tyres
anyway im using 215/45/17 yokohama r1 tyres....running on hotbits adjustables
today i tested with 4 ppl in my car....car was scratching my wheels all the way man!
btw my car is satria gti...and i can see the gap nw between the fender and wheels are ard 1.5 fingers...will it be any help if i raise the adjustables sumore?

Bump: here are some pics
ignore the fake brembos lolx

Bump: here are some pics
ignore the fake brembos lolx

Attachments

• PICT0078.jpg
    PICT0078.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 105
Ok...dude!!!
I think ur tyres should be 205 width...is it?
Let me share my experience to you!!!
ADrive R1 is a performance tyres...
If i'm not mistaken!!!
This tyres always complain by all the user that alignment out!!!

So the reason is because it very very flat on the tyres surfaces!!!
i think ur chamber has been adj imbalance!!!

U can try which(left or right) cornering is oversteering!!!
Most like i guess will be left!!! Turn left oversteer!! Rig?

Otherwise, check ur hotbits adj coiler height!!!

I may sugeest u to put higher spring rate rather than higher ride height!!!
Very dangerous oh!!! 17" already so high lioa leh!!!

im running on 215 currently...but i suppose that the thickness shud be 40 to have clearance btw the fender and wheel...right?
yeap u can say that
every time when i turn left...there is this feeling where the steering will turn left automatically...
higher spring rate meaning i need get get a harder adjustables?i duno but it seems that all the height are not same...some i can put 1.5 finger some 2 fingers...zzz
btw any gti owners here that runs on 17 inch tyres?mind to share ur tyre setup plz
one thing i love is these tyres are really stable...compared to my previous nct5 LOL!

My frind and i had the same problem... A skillful mech spent an hr to adjusted my alignment which is frequently wrongly done by other impatient mech, and problems gone, my car go staright when braked. Another friend who using W203, also spent an hour and found the root of the problem... Problem lies with the indonesian made 225/40/18 tyres which cost RM220 only... after changed.. no problem...

I'm using 205/50/16 also scratch body... very heartache... last time use D2 racing adjustable and no problem at all, changed to hotbits siler series for comfort and problem started.. : ) need to drive slow when fetch more than 1 people...

omg bro zac..at least i still can fetch one person hehe
may i ask wad car r u driving?
im planning to chg to 40 series tyres to clear the fenders...wonder will it help anot?

Im using wira, and already ketuk the fender area but still kena... very heartache.. : ) but can fetch more people lah, just hv to drive slow like 60km/h so that wont kena when go through uneven area...
My mech suggested me change to 45 tyre, but i still prefer the 50 looking leh... fill up all the space...

lolx
for me i tink i need to take 40 series tyres
prefer low profile tyres...haha

why not u just fit with with 205?
Of cause 215 will be more stable!

D2 won't scratch ur tyre bcoz the asb is very stiff!!!

I have changed to hankook ventus v12....
This is not a good tyre...
Yokohama still better...
My comment is that, it will only happen on large rim & flat tyres!!!

ok
i am considering between re001 t1r and neova...any feebacks on these?
where to get them cheap yea?any place 2 recommend?

i used neova before, grip but noisy, also botak quite fast... its a street performance tyre. After that i changed to kumho ecsta ku31, long lasting, slightly quiet and performance also not bad... personally i will prepfer a comfort tyre like CSC for a daily use vehicle... too bad CSCII dun have 16"...

I'm not sure bout the price...
But i did asked(now forget liao) AD07 = RM4++, RE001=RM6++ for 17"
Ohhhhpssss...I ain't capable!!!

Zac,
Mind to share how much the Kumho escta
And ...... sorry.... pls clarify what is CSC

is Advan AD07 still on sale? i thought they stopped production ages ago... correct me if i'm wrong... one sad part about this tyre, it underperforms in rain/wet condition...:smokin:

I dunno why people keep saying AD07 not good under rain cos it suits me well... and the overall performance evaluation by magazine also not so bad leh... maybe i didn't drive hardcore enough... :thefinger:

Last time i bought 195/55/15 AD07 for RM285 each, 2 yrs ago... then i bought 205/50/16 KU31 for RM 200-220 before it's price rise after heavy advertisement came out.

CSC is continental sport contact, one of my favourite tyre, lightest among most of the street performance tyre, CSC is factory tyre for NEO which got 16", CSC2 only start from 17", now got CSC3 liao... price not sure:biggrin:

so bro
u guys know any places to get tyres?seems that klang value has jz gone up
i dun mind the brand...jz that i wan it to have grip on the road and lasting...
oh btw today i spotted a 5 series...with tyres measuring 235/30/20....and frm wad i saw...i dun think theres any space between the fender and tyres...i wonder how he drive that thing!

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom