Carbon Deposits

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hello bros, when my mech dismantle my ck 4g93t's head 2 days ago, i found out that there're obvious difference amount of carbon deposits on the pistons..pistons on the far left and right got very less amount of carbon deposits compare to the middle two..the differences is very obvious as the carbon deposits on the middle two is atleast 2 times thicker compare to the left and right..wat could be the prob?..anyone who faces this prob b4 kindly share your solutions..thanks in advance..

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
have u did a compression test before removing the head???

if not then it might because of valve seal or worn piston ring....

:adore:

if yes and the result was good/acceptable tolerance,then it might be valve seal only...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
have u did a compression test before removing the head???

if not then it might because of valve seal or worn piston ring....

if yes and the result was good/acceptable tolerance,then it might be valve seal only...

bro, i din know until i open the head few days ago..if wanna do compression test then have to pasang balik the engine then only can go for comp test, right?..if the piston ring is worn then have to buka balik the engine to replace those rings?..two times work and of cos two times the labour charge.. >_<

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..if pasang balik sure doing repeatetive work...

then i guess u need to replace your valvseals and as well do some visual inspection on the cylinder block...(and if the mechanic got proper tools then measure the piston ring gap along the proccess)

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
mech ade pasang balik the head after changing the head gasket and studs before i can even tell him..lol..thx for the suggestions bro..:adore:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
uneven carbon deposit is usually cause by different combustion efficiency
simply mean it can be worn out of the two out of four piston
or it can mean the fuel injection is uneven....
or even one of the plug is not working as it should have....

you can troubleshoot from easiest way firsts rather than the all the harder channel...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
thx for the advice bro..easiest way is to go for compression test first?..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think he meant to do the easy stuff first.

1. Change all your spark plugs and plug cables (or swap with kawan temporarily)
2. Switch the locations of your fuel injectors

Then see if it's still the same. Last option would be do a compression test

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, my brother's Iswara (year 1999) 1.5 Auto, suddenly since last week, the car will just turn off (die) while driving. Cold starts are also difficult and the exhaust smell is really strong and smells like incompletely burnt fuel. Went to a mechanic, he said the carburetor gone. To replace brand new 1.8K (the car also not worth that much woh...). So he said they have a repair kit to repair the autochoke. Thing is, i dun really trust this guy after he screwed up my brake pads and almost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience