Car ignites longer time per 1 turn car key.why?

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
my car ignites or starts in longer time than usual.
Previously i started or ignited my car just in 2 seconds when turned clockwise my car key.
now, i can only start or ignite in 5 seconds. just 1 turn car key. If a few turns car key, i know it might be due to poor plugs,weak battery ...

Is it related to the cold plugs i currently use? NGK heat range 7
Or
Is it caused by the fuel regulator?

This happened most frequently when car is cooled down. sometimes it ignites fast, sometimes slow...

TQ!

Last edited:

kenzo

6,000 RPM
i think is ur plug bro, but everytime when u turn the key on, dont straight away start the car, wait for few secs then turn on...how's ur battery?

if its due to when the engine is cold, then its because of ur plug i guess, but mostly when the engine is cold, it takes abit time to turn on the car...

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
this matter has been a long time ago..unitl now. i asked a few mechanics, all of them have no idea at all.
i used ngk iridium xi, heat range 7. so i guess that might be the cause also..
initially i thought it might be due to bad alternator...cos 8 years already never service.

if lets say a car is low compression, can it lead to this matter??

kenzo

6,000 RPM
im not sure about alternator, but fuel pump might be also, but my evo4 engine also it takes 2 cranks only then it will start...
but i think is ur plugs lah bro, had u try changing the plugs?
because last time when i use to play those nitro rc cars, when use cold plugs must tarik many times then start, but the hot heat range plugs tarik once's can start already...

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
thanks...ur right...plugs heat range 7 takes longer time to ignite compared with heat range 6...tried already.
am using walbro fuel pump.. one more question is that i found whitish at my spark plugs electrode and insulator...is it insufficient fuel?? i have already set my SAFC to compensate the fuel needed...

if fuel is still insuffficient, what to do??can it due to bad fuel regulator....

kenzo

6,000 RPM
if black means ur running rich, if white i think lean, forgot liao lol
if ur using high pressure fuel pump, its better to have better fuel regulator to hold the pressure from returning back to the fuel tank...

Last edited by a moderator:

PutraEvo

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
thanks.kenzo.

no wonder there are always plenty of fuel leaking out at the return hose no matter how hard i screwed it with better clips...i guess should get a steel hose...

also, the pressure rises up too much when i installed the walbro fuel pump..not mistaken it was raised to 70psi..
if at 70 psi, fuel enough, or not?? i think the pressure is too high and might interrupt the fuel delivery to injector.
correct?? i have no idea bout this..

thanks!

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
lot of thing..compression high,setting to rich,starter and lot of it relay starter

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brothers..

in need of help..sifus...i wan to install a piggyback...e-manage probably...wanna remove the limiter...one thing i wanna ask..can a 4G18 internals withstand/tahan the high revving..cos now..i noticed the rev cut is at bout 4k++...

thnx guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience