Car got weird sound after parking

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
hi all,

last month, 4 weeks ago, my gearbox spoilt, so i sent to my workshop to repair my gearbox.

they took few weeks to repair. HOWEVER, they left my car outside the workshop. Rain and shine, outside!!!! my Bonnet got vent holes, so water goes in.....

few days back i collect my car, when i step on my gas, got a aeroplane sound, when i RELEASE my gas, no sound.. whenever i step on gas, got sound....

what could be the cause?

my gearbox just overhaul and changed torque conventor, is that the causes too? or the rain had cause my engine or whereever area something wrong??

pls help..

my car 4g93t, lancer gsr...

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
turbo sound??

i dont think so, bro..

when i step on gas, maybe i step only 1% also got that , 'woooooo' sound, release gas then no gas... i step abit also got wooooooo sound...

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Bro,

Try this, as I found my aeroplane sound comes from my air cond pump. Off the air cond when u hear the sound when stepping on the accelerator. See whether still got or not.

If not check whether the sound comes from ur speakers...

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
thanks all for replies.... i will try to OFF the aircon to see if still got sound... if its not aircon pump, how man???? if it is, what could i do?

Lancerboy1

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
still got sound leh

but anyway, my car going back to normal like last time feel`~~ lol

spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
wah lancerboy, happy guy u r now rite:)

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
Get someone to sit inside the car and press the accelerator while you stand in front of the car with the bonnet up. Of course place in neutral first lar..:confused_smile:

See if you can pin-point the sound or at least where its the loudest. An old trick is to use a long screw driver (doesn't matter what kinda head) and place the sharp end on the part you suspect is making noise and your ear at the handle part. If its your air-cond compressor bearing then place the screwdriver on the compressor and listen to the other end, you should be able to pick up the sound. Good luck!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does fuel comsumption increased when bullet and exhaust system modified? But the extrrator remains stock..

thank u ar sifu sifu sekalian....
:) :) :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience