Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

CAn Anyone Teach ME

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
You can start with the search button. This topic has been covered million gazillion of times.

HI THere Toshan This the Spec
Clarion CD Player(DB 256)
Kickers Impulse I5.2 component speakers
America Sound CEX-800 Elec Crossover 3way
America Sound 2Channel Amp CS 50.2(For Mid)
America Sound 2Channel Amp VL-800H(For Sub Woofer)
Tomahawk 12" woofer(2pcs)

Capacitor is a voltage stabilizing device. If we loaded our car with many electrical equipmet for example 2 and more power amps, for sure a supply voltage will dropped below 12V. its not good for amplification process. To prevent this we must add power capacitor (usually 1 Farad per piece) to our ice system. this will produce stable voltage at 14V to 13V and giving great quality of sound. No more blinking at our head unit. Its great if we can supply power cap to each of power amp!!

a capacitor on power supply side is good to prevent your car headlight from blinking. Other than that, it is useless to function as voltage stabilizer especially when you blast your subs.

Please note that after the capacitor discharge its power, it will suck more power from your electrical system to re-charge back. So instead of your power supply becomes stable, it gets worse.

Fat Yeop said:
Capacitor is a voltage stabilizing device. If we loaded our car with many electrical equipmet for example 2 and more power amps, for sure a supply voltage will dropped below 12V. its not good for amplification process. To prevent this we must add power capacitor (usually 1 Farad per piece) to our ice system. this will produce stable voltage at 14V to 13V and giving great quality of sound. No more blinking at our head unit. Its great if we can supply power cap to each of power amp!!

not necessary more cap to ur power amp:omg_smile: ....normally 1 cap is enough to fix on the amp that blast ur sub...Head unit blinking is normally on ur car battery or u fix voltage stablizer near ur battery...

tq senior members kippo and jchin2 for your advice. i have replace more higer amp alternator in my car and untill nowi have no power problem with my ice. is it the right way to slove voltage stabiling in a car? im worried with the side effect in long term...tq

Hi There Everyone
My Stuff Keep ON blinking which is head lights and dash board light especially when on woofer blast that time
i already change my alternator to big charger
but also keep on blink
as u all say i should put the capacitor lol
am i rite
izzit after putting it will be have better sound
for mid and the woofer

lbk182002 said:
Hi There Everyone
My Stuff Keep ON blinking which is head lights and dash board light especially when on woofer blast that time
i already change my alternator to big charger
but also keep on blink
as u all say i should put the capacitor lol
am i rite
izzit after putting it will be have better sound
for mid and the woofer

Probably the power cable size doesn't meet with the amp requirement. Do check on the power amp cable size and its grounding.

Top Bottom