CALLING ALL DAIHATSHU-ians

revolutioner

Oct 26, 2004
Cyberjaya / Ser
Visit site
i hav a charade aura cx, coz of budjet problem, i cant afford a GTTI, so i guess i

will do juz anything to boost my charade. i feel the car is dying, damn slow. when i

am not carrying any passenger, its quite powerful when pick up and top speed. but

if there is passenger inside my car, it goes like turtle. so sad.

wat can i do to boost up the engine power, car performance.

can refurbish the engine?? like changing the parts inside?? i heard it cant b done. but the price im not sure la.......hope ZTH-ians can giv some or unlimited advice. so sad la when drive my car. :(

help ~~~ tolong ~~~ kau meng ar~~~ jiu ming ar~~~

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
i do think that adding an airfilter would bring some improvement while having passenger...

i also feel that if you adding/changing things to boost it cost much more money than saving it up for transplant..

you will tend to bypass the amount spent on rojaking the engine ...

and end of the day you wouldn't feel much diff and you will feel a slight regret on rojaking it

cateyes

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
just my thought is try to get a carb turbo carburator .. or just get the carb turbo halfcut.. might around rm13++ to Rm15++

for the cb23 suggestion:

get an open pod filter

get a carb.turbo block + piston

get carb turbo carburator.

walah.. u will get more then 160km/j ;)

revolutioner

Oct 26, 2004
Cyberjaya / Ser
Visit site
ya............... i consider tat also, but i think wont over the amount la,coz i dont hav tat amount. haha. planning to take out 1K for modification.

plus++ i heard from a fella, ex-gtti owner, gtti engine may not as good as i thought, according to tat fella, the engine is old dy, mayb something to do with luck la, coz mayb the engine he got is not tat "good", and got many stuff to be changed, maintenance cost is high. is tat true? correct me if im wrong.

btw, hope to get more infor regarding my topic, im not very good at car modification la. so sad, love_gtti not around, if not i juz ask him la since he/she so expert. :)

come on any1 with infor juz share la thnkz lot!!!

revolutioner

Oct 26, 2004
Cyberjaya / Ser
Visit site
Originally posted by cateyes@Nov 29 2004, 01:32
just my thought is try to get a carb turbo carburator .. or just get the carb turbo halfcut.. might around rm13++ to Rm15++

for the cb23 suggestion:

get an open pod filter

get a carb.turbo block + piston

get carb turbo carburator.

walah.. u will get more then 160km/j ;)
sorry for my stupidity (got this english word or not??) haha

coz i dunno much bout cars la:

wat is card turbo carburator and carb turbo halfcut ??

get a carb.turbo block + piston ??

get carb turbo carburator ???

what it does?? where can i find it?? these stuff is new or old 1??

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
i can get this stuff for you at dream machine pandan indah but seriously theowner which is my fren would say it does not worth it....
he will always recommend GTti becoz carb turbo too old and the stuff might worn out easily..
although GTti is old but many kenari owner's that want to turbo charge their car are all hunting for this car's engine...
foy my advice would be either save up for GTti or you slot in with hc-engine which is a 1.3 and if you want you can go dream machine to cunsult you on turbo charging in with either high boost or low boost...

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
zth's database screwed up, so they can only restore since the last backup.

Anyway, based on what you posted, frankly speaking, it is best if you don't modify your car at all. This is because of your budget problems. Modifying cars takes a lot of $$$. N/A mods also give little performance increase when compared to the $$$ you invest. Sorry, but it is the truth.

I also had a G100 CB23 last time which I converted to a GTti. Spent a lot of $$$ and still spending!

So best thing to do is don't start at all. Maybe can spend the $$$ on making your car look great instead with leather seats, good alarm system etc.

Just my 2 sens.

revolutioner

Oct 26, 2004
Cyberjaya / Ser
Visit site
Originally posted by Speed Demon@Dec 3 2004, 22:08
zth's database screwed up, so they can only restore since the last backup.

Anyway, based on what you posted, frankly speaking, it is best if you don't modify your car at all. This is because of your budget problems. Modifying cars takes a lot of $$$. N/A mods also give little performance increase when compared to the $$$ you invest. Sorry, but it is the truth.

I also had a G100 CB23 last time which I converted to a GTti. Spent a lot of $$$ and still spending!

So best thing to do is don't start at all. Maybe can spend the $$$ on making your car look great instead with leather seats, good alarm system etc.

Just my 2 sens.
ya i understand that too, but i feel i should put the performance of my car in the 1st place. :rolleyes:

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
since you saif you have to travel much..
i recommend u not to not all those might as well save the amount of money to transplant hc-e..
less fuel consumption compare to the cb23

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
revolutioner,
Ive got a fren with a GTti engine in his 1.3 Aura. It may be only 1.0 Turbo and boost up to .75/.8 bar, but it has never stopped giving him problems. Every other week there will be some issue to settle and thank goodness he can DIY most of it. To mod he spend about 10K but to date he has easily spend over 20K to maintain this engine! I dont think you should put in more cash to this car and engine. OEM parts like clutch, hoses, brakes, gaskets etc are not long lasting. Need to change to after market or high performance. Get another Jap car like Toyota or Nissan as they are more durable and cheaper to maintain as parts are easily available. U may like the car very much but trust me, it just aint worth it.
FYI, my first car was also a Charade Aura and it had Disc Brakes when I bought it. After many months of trying to remedy the leaking from the rear brakes, I finally decided to change it back to drum and then it was ok. Just my 2 cents to help you decide better.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
hmm..unclee speedy is corect also...don;t start...but i started so..can;t stop now

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by SideWaysGrey@Dec 4 2004, 10:09
revolutioner,
Ive got a fren with a GTti engine in his 1.3 Aura. It may be only 1.0 Turbo and boost up to .75/.8 bar, but it has never stopped giving him problems. Every other week there will be some issue to settle and thank goodness he can DIY most of it. To mod he spend about 10K but to date he has easily spend over 20K to maintain this engine! I dont think you should put in more cash to this car and engine. OEM parts like clutch, hoses, brakes, gaskets etc are not long lasting. Need to change to after market or high performance. Get another Jap car like Toyota or Nissan as they are more durable and cheaper to maintain as parts are easily available. U may like the car very much but trust me, it just aint worth it.
FYI, my first car was also a Charade Aura and it had Disc Brakes when I bought it. After many months of trying to remedy the leaking from the rear brakes, I finally decided to change it back to drum and then it was ok. Just my 2 cents to help you decide better.
Sideways: Sorry, but I have to disagree on your statement that the GTti parts are not reliable. I'm not sure what happened in your friend's case so will not comment on it. But when I first converted to GTti, I also had a lot of problems with it. Just like your friend, there always seemed to be problems happening. In the end, I took out the whole engine, stripped it down and asked my mechanic to replace all parts as necessary with brand new, original Daihatsu parts.

When my mechanic stripped the engine, he found my engine head cracked. So I bought another engine and swapped the head. Changed pistons too. All in all I spent RM6K (including the engine kosong) for the rebuild. Since then I have not had to rebuild or overhaul my engine. I've been modding it ever since and running it quite hard too. All on stock internals. And that was 2.5 years ago.

Thats why I believe that to play car we must not be afraid to spend $$$. Most of us convert engine but don't bother doing a proper rebuild. But that is what we actually need to do. Instead, we expect (or hope maybe) that the 2nd hand engine is still "OK" and start modding instead. And we wonder why got so many problems? :rolleyes:

cateyes

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Agree with speedemon.. no hassel until now.. .. and running smoothly using the GTti ..

Sad to hear about ur fren car SideWaysGrey..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for an E30 overhaul manual. I already have the Haynes 3 & 5 series service and repair manual but i feel that it is not enough. I hope someone out there has the Original BMW overhaul or shop manual.

You can contact me at 012 3938370. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience