Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Calling all ALTEZZA owners

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
two chaps (english forums) have fitted the new 3SGTE (2003 caldina) onto the MRS (1 in UK & 1 in US). soory to hijack alteeza thread. ;)

not here la, on the other site. sini pics reserve for alteezza mah. :)

3SGTE many years (over 15years now since development) so alot to main (parts) .

the ZZ series is relatively new (its already 'BEAMS' engine. more & more parts are now being to be developed. (thanks the the demand for lotus elise using the yamaha produce ZZGE engines.)

the minor setback of ZZ series is that it aluminium block as oppose to cast iron block of 3S engines. Thats why the JGTC (Super GT) uses the 3S engine block to develope massive powers for racing. (MRS, celica & one time the GT500 supras)

The good side of ZZ is tat for daily reliabilty is better. Lower overheating problems & other benefits perserve the good name of toyota for they strive for reliabilty.

However, the global market is now moving so fast that even Yoda are pushing the button to have the hybrids into the 'sporty cars' segments. (i dont thnk it will be the ZZ anymore). date of the new hybrids ? they target 2007-2009!!!

Perhaps the question of going either manual or auto all comes down to how much money you want to spend on purchasing an Altezza. From what i've seen so far, manual Altezzas here definitely have a price premium of more than RM10k over the auto versions due to its rarity.
But still, I believe that if one can pay the price and take the hassles of Malaysian traffic, going the manual option will definitely provide a huge amount of ecstasy :smile:

Porosaki: Just wanna know...you have a manual Altezza? If you do, what have you done to it so far?

Sorry...Silly Questions

1) Can a stock altezza beat stock DC5???
2) How much to spend to dump in the 3S-GTE engine?
3) Currently, manual stock altezza producting 210hp. By putting in turbo kits will be producting 372hp? What turbo kits is that? How much it is cost in the market now?
4) What about Auto transmission, how much horsepower can product after dump in the turbo?
4) What is msia market price for Altezza now? is200? is250? or is300? yr2000? yr2001? yr2002? yr2003? yr2004? or yr2005???

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks~!!!

Last edited:
beat the dc5 in what sense ?? how ??

2zzge said:
modified celica can beat stock DC5

stock dc5 can beat stock celica
modified dc can beat modified celica even more...... hahahaha

dc5 also more thing to play with.....

yolk said:
beat the dc5 in what sense ?? how ??

modified celica can beat stock DC5

if cannot, can use stick loh. :tee:

care to elaborate MODIFIED 2ZZ-GE!!!

Yesterday on the way back from our trip, acceleration from 140km/h to 185km/h
no way the celica auto can keep up. felt damn happy about it. after that speed cut,
my turn to eat the celica smoke.:biggrin:

FD3S said:
1) Can a stock altezza beat stock DC5???
2) How much to spend to dump in the 3S-GTE engine?
3) Currently, manual stock altezza producting 210hp. By putting in turbo kits will be producting 372hp? What turbo kits is that? How much it is cost in the market now?
4) What about Auto transmission, how much horsepower can product after dump in the turbo?
4) What is msia market price for Altezza now? is200? is250? or is300? yr2000? yr2001? yr2002? yr2003? yr2004? or yr2005???

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks~!!!

Anyone pls~~??!!!

Thanks...

FD3S...

1) no way
2) why not 1JZ cheaper
3) no idea....new turbo kit cost more than RM20K, 372hp that's too much....maybe additional 70-80hp only
4) ECU still hav restriction on gearbox.....
5) market price check motor trader or newspaper....

i hav a customer wanted to sell his altezza 1999 auto (bought new RM260K), tom's suspension, rsr extractor, trust open pod filter for RM110K

tom's said:
FD3S...

1) no way
2) why not 1JZ cheaper
3) no idea....new turbo kit cost more than RM20K, 372hp that's too much....maybe additional 70-80hp only
4) ECU still hav restriction on gearbox.....
5) market price check motor trader or newspaper....

i hav a customer wanted to sell his altezza 1999 auto (bought new RM260K), tom's suspension, rsr extractor, trust open pod filter for RM110K

Altezza can't beat DC5?? why?? actually how many horsepower for DC5??

1JZ is better? or 3S-GTE??

I'm comparing Altezza & DC5 now..thinking to buy either one of them. SO, all the sifus here..any comments???

Thanks~!!!

Last edited:
porosaki said:
care to elaborate MODIFIED 2ZZ-GE!!!

Yesterday on the way back from our trip, acceleration from 140km/h to 185km/h
no way the celica auto can keep up. felt damn happy about it. after that speed cut,
my turn to eat the celica smoke.:biggrin:

does this count? :) (friendly jibe)
on forcefed elise
FF400EastSideIntercooler.jpg

FF400_perfClaims.jpg

[/img]

on HaasMRS
2z-327hp-dyno.jpg

FD....altezza n dc5 diff class.....celica n dc5 sama class...... altezza is heavy

on DC5, its has been if it remain stock. you guys glorify it too much. it respectable engine but putting it on god-like status is incredible silly. The K20A does wonders when it modded more, but tats it.

put it on steets not just numbers. track or autocross. not some silly back yard, bar room prick statistics la. :) (jibe, jibe) hahahaa

ok back to this thread. why argue over 2ZZ (celica ) vs 3S (altezza) . both pun Yota. :)

just enjoy the ride la

Top Bottom