C160 parts

achioe

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
kch
i'm using C160 gearbox..and now the GB was make a sound..my mechanic said its from gear bearing...after that when he open up all the inside GB, some of the bearing is not in good condition and not same with C56 gear bearing..so tried to find new bearing in all spare part shops include toyota genuie parts but the answer is negative...so anybody can help where to find this bearing and the cost...
alang- alang sudah bukak want to change all with new bearing!..

S

sincere1

my gearbox used to have the noise (mostly from the LSD), after checked and changed the gearbox oil (LSD oil) by Danny Auto (016-6970700). The gaerbox get fine.

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
sincere1, what about difficult to shift up/down at around 5000rpm.
I'm using c160 non LSD, currently using Toyota orig MT gearbox oil.
Any suggestion?

Takumi_AE86

Known Member
Jan 14, 2005
LuXun said:
sincere1, what about difficult to shift up/down at around 5000rpm.
I'm using c160 non LSD, currently using Toyota orig MT gearbox oil.
Any suggestion?
bro, not every c160 come with 1 way LSD ar? how to diffrentiate the non LSD c160 and a LSD c160?

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
Traditional way is to jit up the car, manually spin one side of the wheel.
If the other side spin as well, PINGO!!!! You have LSD gearbox....
All sifu there, correct me if i'm wrong.

S

sincere1

i do agree to spin the wheel manually to check whether got LSD. The LSD in c160 is 1.5 way.
for LSD gearbox, you must use LSD oil . you can try motul (75W90) rm110 per litre
toyota LSD oil (85W90 or 80W90 cant recall) RM90-4 litre. Total you need 3 litre.
recommended by other users to use toyota LSD oil, tried and feel ok loh..if use 75W90 you may need to change the all the related oil seals

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
stock C160 gearbox got 1.5way LSD one mehh ?? waa .. i didnt know that .. i tot only helical/viscous LSD ??? and not all C160 comes with helical/viscous LSD oso AFAIK ..
if yours came with 1.5way then damm bloody lucky liauu laa ..
i use MOTUL on my previous helical/viscous and current 1.5way no probs .. MOTUL 90PA .. rm30 per litre only (early this year laa) .. no langgar langgar gear probs at all .. and no need 3L laa .. even C56 oso 2.1-2.2L only .. 6 speed max max oso 2.4-2.5L only .. hehehehe .. i kena conned b4 by another place claiming my GB use 3.5L maa .. so i know .. hehehehe .. then went to another place measure and put in .. only 2.2 litres max max !!!

S

sincere1

c160 is 1.5 way helical LSD
no matter 2.1-2.5L, you need also to buy 3L coz packing in 1 litre per bottle
you need to use LSD oil in your LSD gearbox instead of using normal gearbox oil
no prefere to use other brand coz some brand need to addthe additive ie treatment oil

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
LuXun said:
Traditional way is to jit up the car, manually spin one side of the wheel.
If the other side spin as well, PINGO!!!! You have LSD gearbox....
All sifu there, correct me if i'm wrong.
have to masuk gear maaa... tak masuk gear, pusing kah both sides?

2.1 - 2.2 liter only ah? demn, some pomen wanna try to conn me...... now i know which pomen is good.

c160 is mesti 1.5 way helical/viscous? sure or not?

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
helical/viscous LSD is not the clutch type one la ... so when u pusing the tyres on 1 side the other side will not pusing one .. IN FREE GEAR laa ... dunno whether 1 or 1.5 or 2 way laaa ...
only the clutch type LSD will pusing both tyres in FREE GEAR ...
some mechanics sell according how much u use / fill ... coz they buy by bulk ie. in big containers .. so they have this meter at the tank where they are pumping to see how much has been pumped in ... NOT NECESSARY to buy by the 1L bottle (depending on what oil) if u using common use gear oils ...

LuXun

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Ipoh, JB
Ok all sifu, me confused..... How to check C160 have helical/viscous LSD or not?
So far i only try with free gear manually spin. Do I need to shift in any gear?
If mine is non LSD, can i use motul LSD gearoil?

achioe

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
kch
but mines is not LSD...so i just use penzoil oil gear...there are 11 types of bearing in C 160 GB but dont know the price yet...

S

sincere1

achioe said:
but mines is not LSD...so i just use penzoil oil gear...there are 11 types of bearing in C 160 GB but dont know the price yet...
i thought all c160 equiped with LSD...!!!
penzoil oil & toyota oil is same

S

sincere1

LuXun said:
Ok all sifu, me confused..... How to check C160 have helical/viscous LSD or not?
So far i only try with free gear manually spin. Do I need to shift in any gear?
If mine is non LSD, can i use motul LSD gearoil?
not neccessary to use motul LSD oil the cost is RM110 per litre,
and you may need to change oil oil seal b'coz the oil is 'thin',
oil may leak from the older aged oil seals
you can use motul normal gearbox oil which is cheaper

achioe

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
kch
pening! need to order C160 GB bearing from japan ! no stock....2 weeks by plane with 25% charge from price and 2 months by ship...oh God