Buying a GTR.

grayfox

Sep 5, 2010
Kedah
which Insurance company u insured yur babyGodzilla? I oso want to know...now only using 3rd party...

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
many supercar i know is 3rd party insurance

mostly they pay cash for the car and get it insured ar 3rd party
why ?
1st how frequent they drive it ?

second is if got accident they dont report it
just put a side. they have many car as well ma
when next renewal. put as first party then after few month claim it

that how some of the owner do it
as i know la

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think berjaya something
i pass to a friend to do it

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
many supercar i know is 3rd party insurance

mostly they pay cash for the car and get it insured ar 3rd party
why ?
1st how frequent they drive it ?

second is if got accident they dont report it
just put a side. they have many car as well ma
when next renewal. put as first party then after few month claim it

that how some of the owner do it
as i know la

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think berjaya something
i pass to a friend to do it
Well to be honest, I don't know many that own supercars but more luxury cars. They cbf registering lah. Plus, I think at their level they have the means to track down their stolen cars. It takes more than one person to steal, strip or export a car. End of the day, syndicate or not these people I'm sure have ways as all they need is one guy to talk. The only way more than one person can keep a secret is if the rest were dead IIRC.

Not my scene to be honest. I'm not a fan of these things nor would I have the means to track down my stolen F430. I've lost two cats this year FFS and I can't find them. Good luck to the rich I say. :driver:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
[PIMPIN];4523918 said:
Well to be honest, I don't know many that own supercars but more luxury cars. They cbf registering lah. Plus, I think at their level they have the means to track down their stolen cars. It takes more than one person to steal, strip or export a car. End of the day, syndicate or not these people I'm sure have ways as all they need is one guy to talk. The only way more than one person can keep a secret is if the rest were dead IIRC.

Not my scene to be honest. I'm not a fan of these things nor would I have the means to track down my stolen F430. I've lost two cats this year FFS and I can't find them. Good luck to the rich I say. :driver:
What's loosing a F430/2 cats are?? Both of my Scuderria and Lambo SV were stolen within a year and insurance's claim still pending till now! Thanks for all those **** people only know how to talk c**k and no action at all... :mad: :mad: :mad:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
Hi...I am surveying (and saving money as well) for a R34 GTR....hope I can manage to get one within this year....:D....so the option that I have in mind, is whether to get a "stock" GTR or a modded ones? Here are some samples:

Stock: Nissan Skyline V-SPEC GTR 2.6 - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my
Modded: Nissan Skyline Gtr R34 - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my

...i know modding a GTR ain't cheap...even converting to Z-tune body kit only...so which wud be a better choice....get a stock one and build slowly....or save more money and straight buy a modded one....btw, i hv a fair amount of knowledge in cars....hv been doing honda b-series for quite some time....but going into 6-cylinder turbo is a whole new story...any advice is appreciated.....thanks....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi...I am surveying (and saving money as well) for a R34 GTR....hope I can manage to get one within this year....:D....so the option that I have in mind, is whether to get a "stock" GTR or a modded ones? Here are some samples:

Stock: Nissan Skyline V-SPEC GTR 2.6 - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my
Modded: Nissan Skyline Gtr R34 - Cars for sale Perak - Mudah.my

...i know modding a GTR ain't cheap...even converting to Z-tune body kit only...so which wud be a better choice....get a stock one and build slowly....or save more money and straight buy a modded one....btw, i hv a fair amount of knowledge in cars....hv been doing honda b-series for quite some time....but going into 6-cylinder turbo is a whole new story...any advice is appreciated.....thanks....
That's a 50k difference in prices right there between the stock and the modified GTRs. Since you've been modifying cars for sometime then surely you're familiar with the feeling of satisfaction that comes with owning a car that's unique but more importantly built exactly the way you want it.

IMHO, I'd rather buy a stock unit and then modify it. As you've said, it is costly but it goes with the territory. Stock standard GTRs are fairly rare so if you can't find a stock one when the time to buy comes then buy a modified one, strip the modifications and start fresh if possible.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i feel the same way too...at least with a stock unit it'll be probably easier to detect any problems than a modded ones....must make sure the base is healthy first before can do further mod...but the modded GTR in that ads that i posted looks really awesome...:adore:

ok bro...i'll take your advice....perhaps now I can get me a GTR sooner....:D

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I too am interested in getting my hands on the GTR R34. But turbo engines is really very confusing to learn compared to N/A engine. Not to mention their maintenance cost as well.

But the fun fact about Turbo engine is that you can to extract A LOT of hp by just a simple intake and exhaust mods. Because of my lack of knowledge in Turbo engine, have to just get a DC5 or a R35 which require no mods as it's already powerful enough in stock.

Turbo engine is just so hard to learn when you know nuts about them. Don't even know where to start. Guides anyone? If only I can, R34 is definitely NOT a dream anymore.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Get the car dude. Come to TT and absorb all the poison.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I too am interested in getting my hands on the GTR R34. But turbo engines is really very confusing to learn compared to N/A engine. Not to mention their maintenance cost as well.

But the fun fact about Turbo engine is that you can to extract A LOT of hp by just a simple intake and exhaust mods. Because of my lack of knowledge in Turbo engine, have to just get a DC5 or a R35 which require no mods as it's already powerful enough in stock.

Turbo engine is just so hard to learn when you know nuts about them. Don't even know where to start. Guides anyone? If only I can, R34 is definitely NOT a dream anymore.
Let the mechanics worry about that la bro. U dont need to be an engineer to own a turbo-ed car.. Just enjoy the drives.. :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

That's what we are all here for. Join prominent Skyline forums like SAU and GTROC. Read the sticky threads there. Do the same here. If you don't understand something, do a search and its most likely something that has been discussed at length. Failing that, just start a thread to get the answers you're looking for. The guys here are pretty open and don't mind sharing knowledge and experiences. Like what V-Spec said, come for a TT and spend some time chatting with the guys in person and you'll see what I mean.

To not buy a turbo car simply because you do not understand it is a pretty poor excuse. I don't understand how the mechanism in a watch works but that doesn't stop me from buying one. All engines generally work the same (disclaimer in case some rotary guy comes along) so if you buy an R35 or a DC5 it doesn't matter. Although some are more advanced and some are in different layouts (inline, V or now W), they all have crankshafts and pistons and camshafts and intakes and exhausts, etc etc.

None of us were born knowing much besides eat, sleep and cry. Along the way we acquire knowledge some more than others. If you are really passionate about something, you'd take the time to learn about it and everyone on this forum is testament to that fact. Come join and be one of us.

i just hope more R34 GTR owners upgrade their rides to R35 now...so there'll be more R34 GTR for me to choose....:biggrin:
Not to start a war, but if you go on overseas forums there are those who'd argue if that would be an upgrade or not hahah. Seems to be common on GTROC especially. But good luck in your search and hope you find one soon. If you need opinions, etc just fire away.

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You have a point there, R. Most of the time, the best way to get to know something is for you to own it and learn it first hand.

fokyerdoder84

Known Member
Feb 4, 2008
johor
pimpin...u'r right...join the TT n know each other in da family will boost up the knwledges..
but the thing is,'fisherman' like me got no chance to join the TT,always missed it...uwaaaaaaa:bawling:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063535685 said:
Not to start a war, but if you go on overseas forums there are those who'd argue if that would be an upgrade or not hahah. Seems to be common on GTROC especially. But good luck in your search and hope you find one soon. If you need opinions, etc just fire away.
i've heard/read abt that too....yet am still hoping may local R34 GTR owners wud upgrade if not to R35 mayb to Gallardo, Ferrari, etc....so I can get my hands on their GTR at good price (since they are so happy with their new cars)....:biggrin:

quite recently someone told me his fren sold his R34 GTR to buy the new Evo10....Evo10 is more fun than R34 GTR?....:hmmmm:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i've heard/read abt that too....yet am still hoping may local R34 GTR owners wud upgrade if not to R35 mayb to Gallardo, Ferrari, etc....so I can get my hands on their GTR at good price (since they are so happy with their new cars)....:biggrin:

quite recently someone told me his fren sold his R34 GTR to buy the new Evo10....Evo10 is more fun than R34 GTR?....:hmmmm:
I have a theory on this and I could be wrong. But its just my personal opinion of which we're all entitled to heheh.

The R34GTR is a much older car and were never cheap to buy, modify, insure and maintain even when they were new when compared to their Japanese competitors like the Evo and the STI. As the years go by and the mods increase, more things tend to fail and this adds to the cost of ownership.

Now that the earlier R34GTRs are over a decade old, the ones which are still under 10 years old will soon be harder to sell as prospective buyers in future would need to pay in cash for the most part. If they do manage to secure financing for the newer R34s then obviously the interest rates won't be in their favor not to mention huge down payment.

On the other hand, the Evo X is a new car so not only is it easier to finance you also have something that mechanically is less likely to fail. There isn't any wear and tear or previous accidents etc to worry about. It's most likely those going from R34GTRs could have settled their payments on the car and after selling, they are left with considerable cash. Since the newer car would require lesser down payment and also probably a lower interest rate, the extra money could be invested elsewhere or even used for additional modifications.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently my friend told me there's this guy he sells cars from Singapore mostly costly cars like Velfire, BMW's , Lamborghini , Nissan GT-R and more .. i don't really know whether its a scrap car or wherever its from but all that i know is that its muthafu*kin cheap !! so i wanna know is it safe to use it in Malaysia even if we have supportive Malaysian documents . :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience