broken crankshaft, must change engine?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i have seen many ppl actually change their engines once their crankshaft breaks, mostly related to campro engines

so my question here is, does the broken crankshaft actually damage the engine block once its break and render the engine useless or these ppl here just wan to get rid of the campro engine and swap for a mitsubishi engine while actually the crankshaft can be just replaced and the existing engine works as fine?

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
It causes a chain reaction actually ... a broken crank may cause other major problems ... why take the risk ...

Its basically like this ... if u were to throw a brink to the gound ... it might not break to pieces if thrown once ... hell you cant even see any cracks ... but you can guess how many cracks are in the internal part of the brick :)

p.s. - most cases ive seen where the crank snapped is that the block sure berlubang ... in campro case ... the block and also the oil sump got holes :)

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If the crank breaks, yes, lots of damage. This is due to rotational speed, imagine that heavy thing spinning at 800rpm also enough already. Some more these ones happen while driving at more than 2k revolutions. I thought this problem is solved by proton already? Or still got cases now?

The hole in block usually caused by the rod snapping and whacking the block liner. At least that's usually what i've seen. I've also seen an engine that blew without breaking the rods, no hole, but the liners are scratched up so bad, it's not usable anymore. The engine being a proton engine, where the owner revved it past 8k, even though the redline was at 6.5/7k. Cast iron block lol. Tough stuff

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Gold All Standard Waja with dirts JJG 1567

hii all, my car got stolen at roadside infront of my apartment at Tmn Sepakat indah 2, Sg Chua Kajang
reward RM1,000 for vital info, do contact me at 012 5115611.

stolen around 7pm, do help guys. must get rud of these scumbag thxx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience